IGNORED

Risky Rick in Dangerous Traps (June 25th)

Watching the pictures, some curious peoples aske us how the back of the Register Card looks.

So, because we have picked-up them today ; Here the answer!

(the "HALL OF FAME" typo was made when updating the font for the printer... It will be fixed at end. Thank you!)

img_5210.jpg img_4811.jpg

Edited by ArcadeVision

PHYSICAL EDITIONS INFORMATIONS
Risky Rick Standard package include:
- Game cartridge with immersion gold contacts and professional printed label
- Game box + wedge with professional printing, grooving and cut using a dedicated tool
- Game instructions (english, french, german, spanish) professional print offset paper
- Game register card with hall of fame contest for all the Risky Rick players
Risky Rick Limited Adventurer Brown package (10 only) include:
- Black & brown Limited Edition game label on the cartridge
- Brown Limited Edition game box with a full page visual
- Brown Limited Edition T-Shirt with Risky Rick logo
- Limited Edition Poster with Risky Rick visual
Risky Rick Limited Adventurer Green package (10 only) include:
- Black & green Limited Edition game label on the cartridge
- Green Limited Edition game box with a full page visual
- Green Limited Edition T-Shirt with Risky Rick logo
- Limited Edition Poster with Risky Rick visual
RELEASE DATE
Comming on June 25th 2018. The 30 days countdown have started.
More informations to come. Stay tuned! :evil:

What is the difference between these two box statements about standard and limited edition? Specifically, does "full page visual" simply mean it has the same pictures on the box as the standard, but with the different border/edge color or is this full page visual something extra?

Standard:Game box + wedge with professional printing, grooving and cut using a dedicated tool

Limited: Green/Brown Limited Edition game box with a *full page visual* (emphasis mine)

Thanks

The button should be locked by the web browser, but don't worry the email address is ok and we have started to receive some (around 10) kind messages from peoples asking to reserve the game. Thank you, we will take account of all of them and will answer soon!

Edited by ArcadeVision

This game looks really cool... I hope they release more than 20 copies:)

In fact, I wish all the games were made available on an ongoing basis. There are lots of people who simply weren't around for earlier releases and can never own some of the games without paying ridiculous prices on EBAY.

WOW! Can you imagine if this game had been coded and released in 1983, let's say? How far it would have set the bar in coding for the Colecovison back in the day!

The fact that it has been coded in only 32k is quite fascinating. Yes, folks there is still lots of life left in our 36-year-old Colecos.

The SGM is sort of a "cheat" as it lets programmers get a little more lazy in code optimization, fluff, bells and whistles etc. Sticking to only 32k truly keeps it real, and maintains 100% compatibility without the addition of an expensive add-on board.

Why 32k? Breaking the 32k barrier wouldn't be that big of a deal. Most of the cartridge systems had their rom size expanded during the time.

As far as I am concerned, if you can plug it in to the original system without needing any modifications, it's authentic. Had the crash not happened, it's very likely it would have been broken. There were Atari 2600 games released that used 4 times the cartridge limit, Pitfall II, superchip, ram plus and other schemes for using larger ROMs or adding RAM.

This game looks really cool... I hope they release more than 20 copies:)

Yes , of course, i think they plan 30 copies. As it match with the 30th anniversary of Rick Dangerous. :-D :-D

Why 32k? Breaking the 32k barrier wouldn't be that big of a deal. Most of the cartridge systems had their rom size expanded during the time.

As far as I am concerned, if you can plug it in to the original system without needing any modifications, it's authentic. Had the crash not happened, it's very likely it would have been broken. There were Atari 2600 games released that used 4 times the cartridge limit, Pitfall II, superchip, ram plus and other schemes for using larger ROMs or adding RAM.

32k is more authentic for a game that could have been released in the 82-84 range. Of course, if the Colecovision would have a longer commercial life , Cartridge with bank switching would have appear. and this game prove that you can do with 32k if you are not lazy :) You don't need "super game module" and mega Rom to do good game. This game proves it , this game IMHO surpasses almost all (if not all) SGM / mega Rom productions to date.

Just imaging that the team behind that game could do with an SGM and 128k ou 256k cartridge. :)

• Like 2

Totaly stock machine, getting the best with no extra hardware, this is the whole beauty of making retro games.

IDK, it seems to me that by deliberately restricting software to what was typical in the very beginning (but not REALLY, given how modern programmers have tools they never had nor the vast quantities of documentation that exists today and an ability to leverage worldwide talent that could not have been done then) seems like a half measure and, in most cases, result in a less capable game. The idea is to release excellent games today for the old system. If better games can be made on the same console, that should be what developers should be shooting for.

For a fairer result, maybe they should only use development systems that were available and in wide use back then. Also, work with nothing but whatever documentation was available back then. If these limitations were adhered to, I doubt they could come up with much better.

Edited by christo930

May be... Back in 80's, when independant developpers made games with no time restriction before going to find an editor?

In this configuration, games like Another World or Prince of Persia was born. Same hardware, same languages, custom tools.

Edited by ArcadeVision

IDK, it seems to me that by deliberately restricting software to what was typical in the very beginning (but not REALLY, given how modern programmers have tools they never had nor the vast quantities of documentation that exists today and an ability to leverage worldwide talent that could not have been done then) seems like a half measure and, in most cases, result in a less capable game. The idea is to release excellent games today for the old system. If better games can be made on the same console, that should be what developers should be shooting for.

For a fairer result, maybe they should only use development systems that were available and in wide use back then. Also, work with nothing but whatever documentation was available back then. If these limitations were adhered to, I doubt they could come up with much better.

Sorry, i may not have explained correctly my point, i'm not an english native so it's sometimes not easy to be understood.Let's say we have been very influenced by demoscene too, my approach is not only for Colecovision but for writing retro games in general and can fit in a simple question 'why using extra hardware/memory when you are not already using fully the machine ?'

• Like 1

Because we can't edit the first post, here a little remember:

You can book your Risky Rick copy up to June 24th (1 week left) : http://www.arcadevision.net

We will start to ship the games next.

The remaining copies will be available as soon as June 25th.

Have a nice week!

Where are you located and mailing from, since the email goes to euros in PayPal.?

The Risky Rick Standard Editions are ready to ship. You will receive a notification soon if you are into the first 50 booked games.

Thank you very much for your nice words about this amazing 32K game for our beloved ColecoVision. It was appeciated.

For information, we are close to be sold out before the release date.

We will do our best to avoid that. Thank you for understanding.

• Like 1

The Risky Rick Standard Editions are ready to ship. You will receive a notification soon if you are into the first 50 booked games.

Thank you very much for your nice words about this amazing 32K game for our beloved ColecoVision. It was appeciated.

For information, we are close to be sold out before the release date.

We will do our best to avoid that. Thank you for understanding.

Woohoo! Can't wait to play this.

Lucky you to receive it so fast. By the way, thank you for your nice unboxing and review!

The video recording lack colour and sound, but not to "spoil" a bit the players.

--- INFORMATION FOR PEOPLES BOOKING RISKY RICK ---

Please, contact us to receive a demo version to wait your parcel. ;-)

Today was released Risky Rick. Sadly, we are now SOLD OUT for the Standard Edition as only 3 games left to book yesterday evening.
We would like to thanks everybody contacting us with kind messages, promote the game on forums, blogs, channels and social networks!

Now, up to 12 Standard Editions should be released for the first of July, if the booking are not confirmed! (contact us)

Next, we will open a preorder list in order to propose 25 more Risky Rick Standard Editions for the first of August.

The Adventurer Edition is still available.

ArcadeVision.

Edited by ArcadeVision
  • Like 1