IGNORED

Risky Rick in Dangerous Traps (June 25th)

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

What?

Just now, Albert said:

That forum only has 78,000 posts and looks somewhat dead in terms of activity.

..Al

Yeah...it didn't used to be that way. That's what happens when you over-moderate forums and put almost all the users on moderator preview.

Just to say to Ritchie and all, I did not mean to be a PITA. Just figured something was wrong with two of my consoles or the cart and was just curious to figure it out without a lot of whoopala. Not really willing to spend $100 to send a ColecoVision or two to France or expensive repairman to find out, but I am appreciative that Ritchy is still willing to work out a another course of action.

I did have a grounding issue with one of the AV modded ColecoVisions and his advice seemed to have stopped that, although then it played the full game only twice out of about 100 times, with mysterious dark screen and hum the rest of the time. 

5 hours ago, VectorGamer said:
6 hours ago, Albert said:

This is one of the largest classic gaming forums on the net

Behind CAGDC

CAGDC Forums:

479 members

78,205 posts

Current members online: 0

Most online ever: 305 (on April 26, 2012)

AtariAge Forums:

50,562 members

4,000,000+ posts

Current members online: 133

Most online ever: 5,278 (on June 17, 2019)

Yep, we're totally "behind" CAGDC.

:? ;-)

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ritchy said:

-^Cro§Bow^- and Swami, we have never exclude to release a ROM version for peoples buying the game, but as we said it require some works and we are working on the MSX versions. Now, if you think that a hacked version should do the job for you, and you will not complain if any random bugs occurs with it, I can send to you an upgrate kit for your game cartridges. (please contact ArcadeVision by email)

@Ritchy

I appreciate the gesture and I will talk about this more in the PM you sent me.

• Like 1

I really want to be the nice guy, and I think Ritchy means well in his offer above, but he JUST couldn’t resist throwing in that line “you will not complain if any random bugs occur.” Duuuuuude - your DRM is the bug. Taking it out fixes the bug. This has been well established. I can’t understand your obstinacy about claiming your DRM is (1.) not copy protection and (2.) a vital and necessary part of your code. It is neither. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Thank you.  I’ve sent an email (bottom left link), will gladly support digital versions of great colecovision games.

i know there was drama here so I gather this may be why they haven’t posted news in this thread about the digital version in this thread but that’s too bad.  Everyone who’s played it have said it’s a great game, well worth owning - playing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Thank you.  I’ve sent an email (bottom left link), will gladly support digital versions of great colecovision games.

i know there was drama here so I gather this may be why they haven’t posted news in this thread about the digital version in this thread but that’s too bad.  Everyone who’s played it have said it’s a great game, well worth owning - playing.

So, the choices Windows 10 gave me after clicking the button involved letting Windows take over my gmail e-mail account and other curious dubious options. Did any text automatically appear in the e-mail? I just tried ordering the MSX version. I just checked the target e-mail, opened up my gmail separately and addressed it to the target e-mail. Then put "MSX Risky Rick Digital Edition" as subject and a quick request for the digital version with my name in the body.

Same here.  If you click on the msx link you will not email address reflects this.  If you click on the coleco link you get a “CBS” relevant email.  I think it was prudent to put what we did in our email so there is no confusion and from that link above it states the use of PayPal so I imagine we will be invoiced via PayPal.

Yes, it opened up Windows Mail and let me send them an email. I basically put Risky Rick CV Digital version in the subject and asked for a total and their PP email address. Within 10 minutes I received an email back with the total. Sent the funds and they sent the ROM zip package over about 15 minutes later.

Transaction went fine. Got both versions of the ROM pal and NTSC along with the digital manual and map. If you want to just send them an email, use contact@arcadevision.net.

Edited by MMarcoux66
added email address
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Yes, it opened up Windows Mail and let me send them an email. I basically put Risky Rick CV Digital version in the subject and asked for a total and their PP email address. Within 10 minutes I received an email back with the total. Sent the funds and they sent the ROM zip package over about 15 minutes later.

Transaction went fine. Got both versions of the ROM pal and NTSC along with the digital manual and map. If you want to just send them an email, use contact@arcadevision.net.

I didn't think about PAL/NTSC, but I have the BlueMSX emulator and two MSX FPGAs (SX-1 and Zemmix) I paid for in Euros, although I live in the USA, so I'm probably safe either way PAL/NTSC.

1 minute ago, Swami said:

I didn't think about PAL/NTSC, but I have the BlueMSX emulator and two MSX FPGAs (SX-1 and Zemmix) I paid for in Euros, although I live in the USA, so I'm probably safe either way PAL/NTSC.

Same here. Paid in Euros as well but live in the US and got both versions. You're safe :).

• 9 months later...

I ordered risky rick for colecovision a week ago.

process went pretty smooth.

got the digital version within 15 minutes i sent the money through paypal

got 2 versions (PAL en NTSC), and a digital manual and some pics.

playing it now on blue msx emulator.

I'm at level 3 (mission base), no problems up till now..

Richard was pretty friendly i must say.

The game is pretty well made!

1 hour ago, JRLS said:

I ordered risky rick for colecovision a week ago.

process went pretty smooth.

got the digital version within 15 minutes i sent the money through paypal

got 2 versions (PAL en NTSC), and a digital manual and some pics.

playing it now on blue msx emulator.

I'm at level 3 (mission base), no problems up till now..

Richard was pretty friendly i must say.

The game is pretty well made!

The digital version of the game has the DRM code removed from it. I have a 'version' with the code removed on my AtariMax that has been working since @kevtris confirmed it was there after a dump of the original carts was made and the modified ROM sent to me. So I would expect the digital version to work without issues.

Even with the ground issues resolved on my CV, the game actually works less than it used to taking multiple attempts to get it to load up properly. I've not actually popped in my actual cartridge of the game in sometime since the modified ROM works on my AtariMax as I stated before. So I just play the game that way since it works reliably under that method. It is a fun game but I've not been able to get past level 2 as yet. I can get through the first level without dying now, but just can't quite figure out what to do on Level 2 yet. 

I think that unlike the original game this is based on, that there are just the 3 levels in the CV version.

so far no problems, have not tried in atarimax cart, since i dont have any (i have a colecovision console though with original carts)

looks like all DRM is removed, i mean, must be, since it's working fine.

i'm at level 3 now (missile base)

the multiple attemps to load the cartridge is probably the other checks that your cart is doing and failing, since the check is not 100% accurate, so it fails sometimes on real colecovisions.

anyway, that's what i understand of it...

Edited by JRLS