InsaneMultitasker

Myarc cards for sale/repair tips

3 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Which part # did you use and from where?  That's a nice modification :)

i actually bought the shrouded keyed connectors of amazon for $7 for 20 pieces.

HERE

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

This often happens when one is in close proximity to a quantum singularity.🌌

...don't eat any!☢️

:-D

I reinstalled the HRD3000, removed batteries, etc. then both SWAN and DRAGON (different resolution are okay in MYART).

But the problem with EXB80DEMO exists, my gut feel is to do with the GBS8200 (v4) device not be able to sync. properly in this text/graphic mode when in GPL (TIMODE).  In MDOS i tried different  Mode 40, 60, 90, 80 all working fine when doing a directory listing.

20210110_080106.jpg

20210110_081745.jpg

7 minutes ago, globeron said:

But the problem with EXB80DEMO exists, my gut feel is to do with the GBS8200 (v4) device not be able to sync. properly in this text/graphic mode when in GPL (TIMODE).

Your XB demo looks as if it is in 26.5 line mode.  What version of GPL are you using?  The version number will display on the GPL start screen, before the TI press any key screen.

When at the OS command prompt type: 

"MODE 80"

"DIR"

Then try: 

"MODE 90"

"DIR"

Any change in sync?

Your XB demo looks as if it is in 26.5 line mode.  What version of GPL are you using?  The version number will display on the GPL start screen, before the TI press any key screen.

When at the OS command prompt type: 

"MODE 80"

"DIR"

Then try: 

"MODE 90"

"DIR"

Any change in sync?

Hmm. Are there different GPL versions? I did not know that, maybe that is the issue. Need to figure out where the different software is. GPL,GPM,GPN,GPO. Maybe hijack of @mizapf disk as there it is working.  My MDOS is 6.5

In MDOS Mode 40,60,80,90 are all the DIRs okay.

1 hour ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

GBS8200 (v4) ...Dunno.:ponder:

LTT 10380, LHS 1050, ...I'm your man!🛸

Dragons And Swans...

P.S. No offense if you're a big fan of swans or dragons.:-D

Interesting game. Need to try it out.  I am going to change my startup loader 'as it was a Dragon' to get this Geneve 9640 up running till now. Very stable now. Only this latest graphic issue.

And was wondering if there is memory issue

As my has the upgrade. 

20210110_081842.thumb.jpg.8a28265f8565e0672318e761fb8f8d87.jpg

But I see a different number here in the manual in CHKDSK in bytes free  (my total memory is okay) see

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/geneve/geneve32k.html

What version of GPL are you using?  The version number will display on the GPL start screen,

GPL Interpreter version 6.50

Modified June 30, 1996

(Ignore the errors on the screen, thats fixed after resetting all)

20210109_170959.thumb.jpg.d4bd72c670a1bc79fb3359b0412f775a.jpg

Edited by globeron

I think it is he GBS8200 device having issues with the sync. (I also used the GPL of the MAME). see video it first shows okay for a split second, then it syncs. to the corrupted one.

@shift838 can you check EXB80DEMO with your GBS device to see if it works at your side? Otherwise maybe I will try to replace the VDP9938.

10 hours ago, globeron said:

I think it is he GBS8200 device having issues with the sync. (I also used the GPL of the MAME). see video it first shows okay for a split second, then it syncs. to the corrupted one.

@shift838 can you check EXB80DEMO with your GBS device to see if it works at your side? Otherwise maybe I will try to replace the VDP9938

Are you using the standard firmware that came with the GBS control unit or the newer gbscontrol firmware?

On 1/11/2021 at 2:46 AM, Shift838 said:

Are you using the standard firmware that came with the GBS control unit or the newer gbscontrol firmware?

Confirmed it is a GBS8200 issue. I have the 80 mode working in Extended Basic (on stock firmware).  But spent a lot of time upgrading the D1 mini. And trying out, but now i cannot get a stable screen anymore and one in a while loose the signal. Looks like a lot of fine tuning to get it stable again. Will try another GBS board.

16106300595081993173893709077623.thumb.jpg.bcd1fb5c577fe3643641cf9a47103f20.jpg

Edited by globeron