IGNORED

Intellivision Entertainment launching a NEW Intellivision console

Rev

Unfortunately, there are some inaccuracies in the press release. That's true the Channel F allowed pause before the Intellivision. I think what was being alluded to was that the Intellivision did that before the 5200, since Atari made a big deal about that in the ads of the day. And yep, the APF M/MP1000 Imagination Machine was the first game console/computer combination. I will see what I can do to correct those mistakes, although I'm not really involved with the marketing side of things.

The Flashback did well enough to warrant a Flashback 2. Intellivision Productions was in talks with AT Games, but the project was put on hold for reasons I can't really go into.

There are also a number of inaccuracies in the various stories being reported. One is that Tommy Tallarico purchased Intellivision Productions from the estate of Keith Robinson. Intellivision Productions is still owned by Stephen Roney (and other BSRs). Intellivision Entertainment is a separate company headed by Tommy, created strictly for this new console project.

As for my role, I'm helping in the development of the console (which obviously includes the controllers). It's a group effort putting this together with the other members of the team (which right now consists of Tommy Tallarico, Bill Fisher, Stephen Roney, and Emily Rosenthal, with some other hardware and design folks being consulted who may or may not work on the project). I'm obviously coming from the same perspective as most of you here. Being a lifelong Intellivision fan, I want it to be the best it can be. Nothing is off the table yet, as far as features, as we're still in the early stages of figuring out what this thing needs to be. Input from people here, home brew game publishers, and fans are all being taken into consideration and discussed. In other words, I'm open to questions here going forward.

Thanks for being open to questions. I really appreciate it. So, here are my questions going forward. They are:

1) Why have an new/updated Intellivision console now?

2) Will this new console squelch any future INTV FB systems with AtGames?

3) Come October, will we have a production ready console at that time, or just a prototype iteration of some kind?

4) What is the price range of this new console? I imagine the $100 to $150 range, but curious.

I know that these questions will probably get answered at some point in time, but I know Intellivision has tried to do things the right way for a long time know, and I hope that it continues to be the case with this new venture.

One thing I see as a positive is that Tommy has delivered multiple Kickstarters compared to the track record of other serial crowd-funders. I've gotten the last 3 Video Games Live albums, I enjoy them.

If it's crowd funded, I'll just wait for retail.

There are also a number of inaccuracies in the various stories being reported. One is that Tommy Tallarico purchased Intellivision Productions from the estate of Keith Robinson. Intellivision Productions is still owned by Stephen Roney (and other BSRs). Intellivision Entertainment is a separate company headed by Tommy, created strictly for this new console project.

Thanks for posting this. This answers the exact question I was about to post...

Here's a video interview of Tommy Tallarico on the new Intellivision Entertainment Console System. He says this thing might not come out until 2020. They are planning to launch with a whole bunch of new games, some will be included others will be download purchase. Legacy Intellivision games will be included, not sure about the licensed stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2nfrYKrwQg

Edited by mr_me

(takes off moderating cap ...)

I've been wondering what would become of Intellivision ever since Keith's passing, and now we're at least getting a glimmer of an idea. I'm not familiar with Tallarico, but from a glance at his earlier work, he certainly has more credibility than the company masquerading as "Atari" these days, and of course I'm pleased that the other Blue Sky Rangers are also involved. It's still very early, but I'll be following these developments with interest, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

• Like 1

I've been wondering what would become of Intellivision ever since Keith's passing, and now we're at least getting a glimmer of an idea. I'm not familiar with Tallarico, but from a glance at his earlier work, he certainly has more credibility than the company masquerading as "Atari" these days, and of course I'm pleased that the other Blue Sky Rangers are also involved. It's still very early, but I'll be following these developments with interest, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

When you watch the interview above, he seems to be a real Intelli-nerd. I wonder if he is a forum member in disguise. ;)

Me too. This looks a thousand times more legit than what Atari SA is doing. Time will tell how this new project will go. Hopefully they are successful as it would be nice to have some new Intellivisions running around. Truly what is 'old' is 'new' again.

I have to say that I have no idea what the deal is with tacos but am sure that it will not be a part of this conversation if it is stupid.

Intelligent Intellivision is what we have here.

pretty simple, more or less went down after weeks maybe months of absolutely zero information someone asked which would you rather have, the joke was a taco cause it actually exists

anywho back on topic, even though there is little to no concrete information on this system, the communication to this point is at least happening ... and that can't be bad

• Like 2

Me too. This looks a thousand times more legit than what Atari SA is doing. Time will tell how this new project will go. Hopefully they are successful as it would be nice to have some new Intellivisions running around. Truly what is 'old' is 'new' again.

That is because everyone forgot the "old" stuff. Practically all 1960's toys could be all-new again.

As far at what Atari SA is doing, it's essentially a Dreamcade Replay. In fact, they had mini legal battle with Dreamcade because the products were so similar and VCS-like.

But the Dreamcade Replay's formula is also realistic and doable. In fact many thousands of people have built their own rigs in similar style. A box of emulators + Linux + Intel SoC PC!

• Like 1