IGNORED

Intellivision Entertainment launching a NEW Intellivision console

Rev

I agree. The White, Black, and Red trim of the Intellivision II looked pretty nice. I wouldn't be surprised if they update things a little in the design department as I am cool with what they are trying to do, except for the color choice and design scheme.

My only criticism is that it would sure be nice if they changed the aesthetics of the system to make it look less like a piece of medical equipment and more like the Intellivision II.

That would be awesome! Slim Pickens was great in this movie, and in '1941' too.

JUST a random thought.....but seeing the "Reimagined/Reworked" lingo next to the games....got me thinking.

How AWESOME would it be for them to get a voice over actor doing B-17 Bomber with a Slim Pickens style voice? (think Dr Strangelove)

This idea amuses me~

I had a separate discussion from other folks with Tommy and he confirmed that, if things go right, there will be a gold/brown/woodgrain edition.

Also, I joked / not joked with Tommy that folks who prefer the Intellivision II colors could buy the normal white one and hard set the lighting to red.

• Like 1

I can dig a gold/brown/woodgrain version of the console. However, they gotta do something else with the base version. They don't have to do the Intellivision II color scheme, but something with some color and flash would be cool to see. Just my thoughts on it as I am looking forward to this coming to fruition.

I had a separate discussion from other folks with Tommy and he confirmed that, if things go right, there will be a gold/brown/woodgrain edition.

Also, I joked / not joked with Tommy that folks who prefer the Intellivision II colors could buy the normal white one and hard set the lighting to red.

I wasn't sure how I felt about the new console a few months ago, but I do have to admit that it's definitely growing on me. Excited to see how it develops.

I think all the great changes to the controllers are worthy of an oscar, golden globe....maybe a Nobel Peace Prize!

The very fact i will never have to finagle an overlay into the controller makes me giddy with laughter~

• Like 1

I'm really not seeing what the appeal for something like this is.

- Very few people have nostalgia or even know what an Intellivision is.

- Being limited to E-rated games only

- $180 LULZ

- Those controllers, need I say more?

To me this looks like a digital only version of what the RetroVGS was initially trying to achieve by focusing on playing new retro inspired games.

Intellivision just simply doesn't have the brand power to get enough worthy developers on board to create quality experiences and limiting the type of content that gets released on the platform is very stupid.

A couple dudes in their 50's might get excited for this and thats about it.

Edited by SegaSnatcher

Gamers will hate the controller, just like how they ridiculed the steam controller. You move a button a couple of millimeters and gamers yell and scream. Fortunately they are targeting "non-gamers". I'm not sure how many "non-gamers" that play video games there are. I can't speak for anyone else but I think the intellivision controller is an excellent controller to draw inspiration. I like that it's ambidextrous. I hope they can make the touchpad feel like buttons.

If I had to take a guess, i'd say about the only games that "non-gamers" play in this day and age are things like free Android and iOS games for their phone. Can't imagine too many "non-gamers" being willing to spend $149+ on a game console.

Definitely this system has some big hurdles in the front of it, but I don't think it should be immediately discredited especially when for less than $200 you get a console with games built into it seems pretty cool to me. Also, having games cost $8 max with limited run physical editions going for $30 seems reasonable as well. Yes, there should be some hesitancy with this console and its games, but I think they are doing their best to go about things in the right away and they have my interest for sure. If it doesn't interest you, that's cool too. Not every system is for everyone as I am interested in its angle, relative affordability, and link the gaming past.

Definitely this system has some big hurdles in the front of it, but I don't think it should be immediately discredited especially when for less than $200 you get a console with games built into it seems pretty cool to me. Also, having games cost $8 max with limited run physical editions going for $30 seems reasonable as well. Yes, there should be some hesitancy with this console and its games, but I think they are doing their best to go about things in the right away and they have my interest for sure. If it doesn't interest you, that's cool too. Not every system is for everyone as I am interested in its angle, relative affordability, and link the gaming past.

I am a 49 year old wine drinking dude who grew up on Intelly and hates the current lot of games. Even tried a recent star wars game and gave up.

I am in for a full 200.00 for this system, full stop.

I keep saying it...i just hope they have Original Games (original graphics, sounds, gameplay) as an option with the reimagined games. Hey, i'll pay more for a "Deluxe Set" that has OEM and New!!

Some of us old farts......we're nostalgic about our games.

• Like 2

Disclosure, I am a 39 year old beer drinking dude who grew up on the NES and Sega Genesis :) ;).

Personally, I am for this system and I can definitely see myself getting this, especially as, like you said, it comes with the original games and/or at least a cheap way to play the original/classic games along with the re-imagined and/or new IP.

I, too, am nostalgic about my games and find myself going back to (my) classics such as Mutant League Football, NHLPA Hockey '93, North and South (on the NES), and others. While I didn't grow up with the INTV, I really enjoyed the INTV FB and thought it was really cool system that I could see myself playing more of.

Hopefully Intellivision Entertainment will get the necessary support and hype it needs in order to have a good and strong debut in two years time. There definitely is nothing wrong with new/old retro gaming goodness.

I am a 49 year old wine drinking dude who grew up on Intelly and hates the current lot of games. Even tried a recent star wars game and gave up.

I am in for a full 200.00 for this system, full stop.

I keep saying it...i just hope they have Original Games (original graphics, sounds, gameplay) as an option with the reimagined games. Hey, i'll pay more for a "Deluxe Set" that has OEM and New!!

Some of us old farts......we're nostalgic about our games.

Disclosure, I am a 39 year old beer drinking dude who grew up on the NES and Sega Genesis :) ;).

Personally, I am for this system and I can definitely see myself getting this, especially as, like you said, it comes with the original games and/or at least a cheap way to play the original/classic games along with the re-imagined and/or new IP.

I, too, am nostalgic about my games and find myself going back to (my) classics such as Mutant League Football, NHLPA Hockey '93, North and South (on the NES), and others. While I didn't grow up with the INTV, I really enjoyed the INTV FB and thought it was really cool system that I could see myself playing more of.

Hopefully Intellivision Entertainment will get the necessary support and hype it needs in order to have a good and strong debut in two years time. There definitely is nothing wrong with new/old retro gaming goodness.

Well, the HYPE is there. This promo video alone is a PR dream. Its got 'what every kid on your block has, dont you want it?' combined with the resume of who's who in gaming history.....and this is 2 years out from its release!

I hope there are some 'eyes' here who get word back to Tommy & Co about having access to Original & ReImagined games. I think it would be a gigantic let down if the originals are left out.

We have 2 years of finger crossing to do now.........

So we wait...........

Edited by Denicio
  • Like 1

Well, the HYPE is there. This promo video alone is a PR dream. Its got 'what every kid on your block has, dont you want it?' combined with the resume of who's who in gaming history.....and this is 2 years out from its release!

I hope there are some 'eyes' here who get word back to Tommy & Co about having access to Original & ReImagined games. I think it would be a gigantic let down if the originals are left out.

We have 2 years of finger crossing to do now.........

So we wait...........

Did you not see who the Vice President of Retro is?

JUST a random thought.....but seeing the "Reimagined/Reworked" lingo next to the games....got me thinking.

How AWESOME would it be for them to get a voice over actor doing B-17 Bomber with a Slim Pickens style voice? (think Dr Strangelove)

This idea amuses me~

That's exactly what they did in 1982. I'd like it if they got the original mattel electronics voice recordings, including all the stuff they had to leave out, and put it in the remake at high quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ynY5NvYsZY

Edited by mr_me

That's exactly what they did in 1982. I'd like it if they got the original mattel electronics voice recordings, including all the stuff they had to leave out, and put it in the remake at high quality.

Not the synthesized country voice..but an actual Slim Pickens sound alike!

Dont be coy, spell it out to me! Who is the VP of Retro and why is that important?

In prior interviews, Tommy has said that original Intellivision games will also be available for the Amico.

The most likely reason that feature is not being focused on much at the moment is that only a "couple dudes in their 50's might get excited for" for the original games. As Tommy stated in the PRGE video, today's kids are fine with 2D graphics that are NES / SNES era but they start to lose interest in earlier looking graphics. The trailer is focused on their main market.

The most likely reason that feature is not being focused on much at the moment is that only a "couple dudes in their 50's might get excited for" for the original games.

LOL what? You'd have to be a special brand of stupid to make a statement like that. Hopefully no one that would come to a place like Atariage would be that dumb. . . would they?

Edited by AtariLeaf

Not the synthesized country voice..but an actual Slim Pickens sound alike!

The Intellivoice speech synthesis was built on voice recordings of real actors. It was also highly compressed. You don't think one of the voices sounds like Slim Pickens?

------------

Lathe26 is right, they want to focus on new games. They don't want to look like another retro console. Once they have some of their completely new games going, they will probably de-emphasize the remakes.

Edited by mr_me