IGNORED

Timex Sinclair TS2068 / ZX Spectrum in the USA Help

On 12/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, asapreta said:

Hi Guys, sorry to revive this topic but I just got an Timex Sinclair 2068 and hooked it to my PAL/NTSC compatible monitor and tried to output colors from the MONITOR composite output and for the avaialble colors, I just got GRAY scale output, so my question is:

Is the composite monitor output mono or color?

Thanks!

It is color...

I've been using a Harlequin clone board installed into a ZX Spectrum case that has composite and RGB and really enjoying the ZX Spectrum library here in the USA. I am using composite (for now) and the board is set up as a PAL board. Plugged into the RetroTink and into my modern display and I get full color...although composite has much to be desired. Eagerly awaiting an RGB to SCART cable I purchased for it.

Even if it was not the clone board and I was using the original board I would still have been easily able to output the pal composite (the RF would need to be modded to composite...easy to do) using the RetroTink which handles PAL composite signals and pushes them to the HDMI on my modern flat screen.

• 5 months later...

Anyone have a twister board they want to sell? Superufo is supposed to have some more coming (https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/twister-board-for-ts2068-with-zx-spectrum-emulator-rom-on-board-28470), but if I can find one in the mean time, that would be great.  Either way I plan on buying one from superfo as I want to support those who produce limited hardware runs for orphaned systems.