IGNORED

What Are Some of the Best Video Game Ringtones, Alarm and Message Effects?

For the longest time I refused to have a smartphone (I'm weird like that, don't ask.) I got one for free a while ago and I'm looking for some ideas for video game sound effects or songs to use as a ringtone, alarm and message sounds. Any ideas? There have to be thousands of obscure or older games I'm completely forgetting about and I'd like to have something that stands out to me personally so I'm open to anything video game related. It's easy to just add effects from Sonic, Mario or Metal Gear Solid as everyone on the internet suggests, but I want to hear other ideas. Thanks!

I avoided smart phones for a long time too, just didn't see it as necessary. Since most fools seem to stick to the default apple, tmobile, etc ringer, email, text sounds I won't. For texts I have the neo-geo arcade quarter insert jingle, and for email I have a small quote from my pinball machine as no one has either and likely wouldn't. It's very helpful not being in a pile of simple types all whipping their phones out at the same time to see who is a winner. :) The ringer I have raiders march for general call ins, specialized for a few others like I have the imperial march for some, wife gets the old school final fantasy crystal(title) theme.

I'm not a huge Metal Gear fan, but it never fails to put a smile on my face when somebody has the noise guards make when they notice you as an alert on their phone.

I have that for message alerts and the Metal Gear ringtone as my phone ringer for the nostalgia. Back in the day everyone had it which threw off whose phone rang; today not near as common.

Just about every sound my phone makes is video game related.

I use the SNES start up coin chime as my text notification.

I use the sound from hitting the mid level check point in Super Mario World as my email notification.

I use the Metal Gear Solid codec sound as my reminder notification.

I use the Sega CD start up music as my ring tone for my wife.

I use the Kass theme from Breath of the Wild as my ring tone for all other callers.

I want to use the PlayStation startup sound as the start up sound for when I reboot my phone, but I'm pretty sure I would need to jail break it to change that sound.

I avoided smart phones for a long time too, just didn't see it as necessary. Since most fools seem to stick to the default apple, tmobile, etc ringer, email, text sounds I won't. For texts I have the neo-geo arcade quarter insert jingle, and for email I have a small quote from my pinball machine as no one has either and likely wouldn't. It's very helpful not being in a pile of simple types all whipping their phones out at the same time to see who is a winner. :) The ringer I have raiders march for general call ins, specialized for a few others like I have the imperial march for some, wife gets the old school final fantasy crystal(title) theme.

The Neo Geo sfx are a great idea. I need to do that.

Mine is Mario themed

-ringtone is the "Time's running out" theme from Super Mario Bros. The Game and Watch version of the game had that as an alarm which woke me up, so I knew I wouldn't miss a call.

-texts are the coin sound

-personal email sound-1 up

-work email sound-power up

Only thing I don't have "Mario'd" is my alarm.