IGNORED

Track & Field

FujiSkunk

I have to ask: How the heck do you get good at the hammer toss? The timing on this one seems brutal, and while I have gotten to where I'm not fouling more often than I am, I can't ever throw more than around 68m. Honestly, the first-round qualfying distance of 80m seems a little excessive when the "world record" is only 3m longer. I don't have nearly this much trouble with the 100m dash and the long jump, though obviously I haven't yet gotten to try any of the other events.

Sorry about that. I'm going through my ColecoVision homebrews at the moment for the GoA web project, and was in the middle of working on Pong, a CollectorVision release, when I decided to come back to my delimma with Track & Field. Obviously I still had CollectorVision on the brain. No offense intended, PixelBoy, and thank you for moving the thread, jaybird.

So, any suggestions?

• 2 years later...

Sorry if I'm about three years too late, but I recently learned how to win at hammer throwing at http://tips.retrogames.com/gamepage/track.html. It says that you have to wait until the 6th spin to make a qualifying throw. While that's good, if you want more points, wait until the 9th spin and then press and hold the button until the number display is around to 45°, and then release it when you get a number that is around 45°.

• Thanks 1