IGNORED

Cool little local pick up

Zap!

Found all of this through Facebook a few days ago, all for $35 (the Wii wasn't mentioned in the ad, but it was in the bag). The PS2 (model number 79001) didn't have any cables, so I tested it with my own. Disk didn't spin at first, but that was because a piece of plastic broke off the lid, so it wasn't hitting the trigger. Fixed that and it works great. Haven't tried the Wii yet, but inside is an official 2 gb SD card. I'm going to clean them both up and remove the stickers. I'm probably going to sell them cheap, since they are duplicates.

It's nice to find some Atari 2600 games, even common ones like these. I've always wanted Lost Luggage, heard it was fun! :)

post-12488-0-21163800-1527958760_thumb.jpg

post-12488-0-24731900-1527958771_thumb.jpg

post-12488-0-26115900-1527958777_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zap!

Nice pickups, always fun to find bargains locally as that is a rarity around my parts. That said something always attracted me to that silver PS2 slim but I never ended up with one, got a black slim with modchip that boots everything I throw at it so no complaints, if it had been silver it would have been a bonus.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Huge update...

Since my original post way from June 2nd, I know this is a little late to talk about, but I haven't been online much of late, my apologies. Anyway, a few days after I posted this, I got messaged on Facebook by the same person who sold it to me, saying how his wife accidentally gave me their son's Wii. He said their son has been crying, since he personalized it with stickers (good thing I didn't remove them!), and how all of his saved things are on the SD card in the Wii. He said can I please return it. Being a reasonable guy, I said sure, he can come pick it up whenever he is ready (I'm in Staten Island, NY and he's in 15 miles away NJ, and there's a toll bridge between us.

Well, he said it's super-hard for him to get here without a car, and said if I come drop it off, he'll give me some games for free. So I set up a date, and didn't expect too much in return, not that it mattered since a child wanted his video game system back. So I meet up with him in NJ, and he thanks me up and down and gives me a bag. I didn't really check until I got home, but what a surprise I got! Let's just say that the pictures pretty much speak for themselves! Some of the games I have never ever seen, probably for an educational system. Not sure if anything is rare or not, but the moral of the story is always do the right thing, especially if it's for a crying kid! :) Anyway, here's a list of the disks inside the PlayStation case:

Two PS2 games:

Crouching Tiger Hidden Drago

Medal Of Honor Rising Son),

10 PS1 games:

SpongeBob SquarePants Super Sponge

Gauntlet Legends

Cool Boarders 4

Duke Nukem Time To Kill

Bushido Blade

Gex Enter the Gecko

Official US PlayStation Magazine

Sim Theme Park

WWF Smack Down!

(C-12) Final Resistance

One blank DVD with "Pursuit Of Happiness '06" written on it

post-12488-0-33408400-1532024431_thumb.jpg

post-12488-0-30735400-1532024449_thumb.jpg

post-12488-0-65574400-1532024457_thumb.jpg

post-12488-0-76844400-1532024486_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

'That is a completely random assortment of games, representing 7 or 8 different platforms. I wonder how they came to have such a "collection". '

Some from the parent's childhood, some from their teenage years, some from their kid's childhood.

That was my first thought too. However, both the husband and wife appeared to have just arrived in the states during the past several years (she hardly spoke any English at all; he had a fairly thick accent, and said he was from Ecuador). So perhaps the parents were given some of these games, or maybe they brought the earlier stuff (Lost Luggage) directly from Ecuador. Either way, I'm happy that the son got his Wii back. :)

• Like 2