IGNORED

Parsec 2600 free to download

hloberg

I got way too many projects on my plate so I just don't have the time to create cartridges for this game. plus i'm already working on a much better version and some 7800 games. therefore, here is the download of Parsec 2600 .bin. maybe one day I will make cartridges.

Legal: I own this game so please do not repost on other sites without my my approval. also don't sell it.

parsec2600v13.bas.bin

instructions: simple shooter.

at bottom left is max ships left (shows up to 4). start game with 8,

1st wave is swoopers. timer on right to clear level.higher levels you must hit up to 3 times to clear.

next is beamer. it shots at you. timer on right. .higher levels you must hit up to 3 times to clear.

next is refueling tunnel. no shooting in here. just make it through to end. higher levels tunnel gets longer.

backwards swoopers. like swoopers except come from behind you.

next is invisible beamer. it shots at you. starting level 2 the ship goes invisible. .higher levels you must hit up to 3 times to clear.

finally is meteor swarm. you just have to avoid them.

now next level.

if you switch A to pro at beginning you can choose the level and how many ships.

Youtube video:

https://youtu.be/tDzGTof7qqE

enjoy.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice game congrats!

I must confess I never played the original game, but I did enjoy this one. It's a fast paced shooter, and I like how the enemies have to be shot several times. The boss is very challenging, that's cool. I'm not a big fan of the tunnel / refueling section though, as I found them more difficult (and much slower) than the shooting sections. But it does allow you to catch your breath after the intense shooting section :).

Best score so far: 8600 (yeah, it's not that great I guess)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I would like to order 1 cartridge for personal use at ( https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=949 ) with Parsec 2600 inside.

Can i have your permission ?

Thank

well I can't officially says yes since I made a contract with a guy who is supposed to be producing the cartridge for mass sale in the next few months.

if anything changes I will tel you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI, in the very near future I plan to releasing this game on cartridge. It's a slightly newer version with a few more features. v14 to be exact. For now it is NTSC only. stay tuned to this thread for details in a few weeks.

very cool! thanks for your work on this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am happy to announce that hloberg and I have agreed to offer and sell PARSEC 2600 on cartridge... loose cart and manual for $25 plus shipping.

Here is the order page:

http://www.2600connection.com/features/parsec/parsec.html

thanks,

Tim

P.S. the version on the cartridge is version16

thank you for creating this cartridge of my game Parsec 2600.