IGNORED

Atari-Kaypro Love Child

krslam

All of those images he posted are, most likely, not part of his collection. My guess is he's hoping to get stuff for cheap or nothing and then turn around and ebay them. I did do a Tineye search for that Atari and nothing came up.

The amber monitor sure lends some "age" to the rig. No doubt about that.

I would have mounted the Rana drive horizontally. I would also have further cut the buttons/indicators off it and made them into their own area on the panel. But that's just how I would do it if I were doing it! heh..

So.. I've still got a partly gutted TRS-80 Model II I'll eventually mod with modern-day PC hardware. I've also been experimenting around with a bright oled screen and a real glass front. It's surprisingly brilliant with natural bloom caused by physical light and glass.

Always nice when the actual creator shows up. I'm even more impressed with the work now that you've shared these extra details and photos. Was the original Kaypro green monitor kaput, or did you just prefer the amber?

The Kaypro monitor was not compatible with composite video.

attachicon.gif00H0H_9n366lfdDQj_600x450.jpg

This picture appeared on a local Craigslist ad by someone looking for old computers. I messaged him to get the story and he replied it wasn't his.

Anybody familiar with this unit?

Link to original ad: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wan/6608894179.html

Beautiful!!!

An early, God-damn prototype of the 1450XLD.... gone mobile!!!