IGNORED

Flashback Joysticks on Atari 7800?

Atari_Falcon

No. The Flashback 1 controllers share the same DB-9 connectors as the original Atari controllers, but they're really NES controllers in disguise. They are not electrically compatible with the original 2600/7800, and original 2600/7800 controllers aren't compatible with the Flashback 1.

Erm, I have flashback joysticks that wirk just fine, and feel better and more responsive to the originals. They are shaped like 2600 sticks though.

I guess people need to edjucate themselves on the differences to look for so they don't walk into a store, pick up a 7800 stick, take it home, and not work, or worse something releases the magic blue smoke because it was wured up wrong.

I'd say you might have limited luck playing the fb1 sticks on a pirate famiclone, but then you can't press start to begin the game... :dunce:

Erm, I have flashback joysticks that wirk just fine, and feel better and more responsive to the originals. They are shaped like 2600 sticks though.

Those are for the Flashback 2 and above, which shipped with controllers that were compatible with the originals. That's why I went out of my way to say "Flashback 1" in my response.

• Like 1

On the bright side, the 2600'Daptor now works with the Flashback one 7800 style controllers! So, if you are into emulation, its yet another option for retro gaming. I use them fairly often for NES and 7800 emulation since the extra buttons are all configurable. :)