IGNORED

Help repairing Pac-Man coleco mini arcade

Wyluli Wolf

Is anyone else selling the decals for these mini arcade machines or does the guy on eBay hold the monopoly on these? :-D

Has anyone replaced the tiny metal plates for the joysticks with something better (like a micro-switch)?

post-38599-0-38814400-1528400111_thumb.jpg

post-38599-0-72402400-1528400119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wyluli Wolf

the metal tabs on the controllers are the exact same tech used on colecovision controllers. What I do is desolder one side of the metal tab and lift it up like a hinge on the other anchor. I then clean the small circle rivet like part under neath it that is used to complete the circuit. In many cases, I've actually applied a thin bit of solder to the top of that circle to give it a nice shiny new surface. Different story if the actual metal tab or plate cracks on you though.

• Like 2

I can make you a die cut set of the pacman stickers from my own set that is currently off my machine while I fix it. I'm looking into getting new joystick contacts for myself as well. I'm doing a restoration project on a half dead pacman machine. I'm fixing some cosmetic issues and then the top hood of the shell is getting painted yellow before I put the stickers back on. I think it's gonna look really nice with a yellow top and original black bottom.

P.S. The stickers won't be $40 like the dude on ebay either...lol...

• Like 1

I wonder how his (or your) sticker quality would be compared to the original in style, materials and clarity.

I have at times considered gutting the side, top, marquee art off my Pac-Man and DK, mostly just PM as the glue bleed sucks. I also have a joystick panel sticker that got a little wrinkled/lifted ugly on a DKJr too. I guess it's no surprise as they're like 35 years old.

I wonder how his (or your) sticker quality would be compared to the original in style, materials and clarity.

I have at times considered gutting the side, top, marquee art off my Pac-Man and DK, mostly just PM as the glue bleed sucks. I also have a joystick panel sticker that got a little wrinkled/lifted ugly on a DKJr too. I guess it's no surprise as they're like 35 years old.

It's pretty heavy stock photo quality paper I use. As for your originals with glue bleed? I'd rather have originals like that over repros that are perfect myself.

I guess so. I didn't expect the link to work either but it does. Reminds me of other older hosts like AngelFire and the like.

Yahoo shut down Geocities.com; Geocities.ws is a mirror, which also hosts new sites.

Geocities.jp still exists & is owned by Yahoo Japan, last I heard.

Edited by pacman000

• 4 weeks later...

That website is weird. It doesn't want to load correctly which makes me twitchy ;p

Let us know if you find new joystick contacts and if you make new decals. I'd be curious to see how they come out.

I have new joystick contacts on the way and I'll be sure to let you know if they are any good or not.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got the new tactile switches I wanted to try and replace the shitty Coleco ones with.

I installed some in a Colecovision controller that uses the same crappy ones the Coleco

Arcades do and they work like a charm. I'm sure they will work the same in the Arcades

as well. It's really nice to have real switches instead of those dome wannabe leaf things

in there.

post-7107-0-91577300-1535263226.png

I got sick of waiting on the slow boat order from China so I bought some

of these within Canada. Same things, I bet he just orders a ton of them

and resells 10 of them at the price he pays for 100 of them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112417506866

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

I'm looking for stickers/decals as well... actually, I'd prefer high-res scans or vector recreations that I can print on my own... for both PacMan and Galaxian.

I recently was gifted 3 tabletops and PacMan has a cracked board. Someone soldered jumpers and I'm cleaning up the corroded battery contacts (which I also need if someone can find a decent source) so I can power it up and see if it works. :)

• 2 months later...