IGNORED

Gyruss for Intellivision?

Only by Facebook. He says that as he has reworked my sources, now it is a differ game even if he is using my math and even my graphic, now he can sell it without my permission or proper credits.

Actually the pictures on the box are practically from some early beta of Deep Zone, my ship, my bullets, my screen layout....

Shameless...

You can't own math, but certainly the rest of the game code is yours.

In order to sell here you need a certain level of trust and reputation by the customer

Would you buy his next game?

No, no, of course not. I just had the thought that my game was also released in ROM for free, so it could also be hijacked. I just asked you in case you knew what other games he was ripping off. That is all.

• Like 1

Things are worst than they seemed. I've had by accident a video of his Gyruss game, having see what he has done, now I have clear the full extent of the scamming and of the fraud he is making to the home brew market.

I wouldn't ever accepted this speculation neither for a share of the 50%

This is his (!?!) Gyruss

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ddJEeGIksn_QFJ4K3G5XAhPDMDEvZpox

This is a video of an early build of Deep Zone (December 2017)

https://youtu.be/EWcQUKOpyPc?t=8

Tell me what is he selling in your opinion ? (at 150 euros!!)

Edited by artrag
  • Like 1

I'm doing there my list

It is from deep zone

Voice samples

Enemies

Explosions

Bullets

Main ship

Stars

Score

Lives

Level indication

Math for projections and movements

Movements

Layout

Menu with SFX

What else ?

Edited by artrag
  • Like 1

He has to be here as well, between us, because my sources have been taken on atariage, so let him say what is his story

Actually, he doesn't have to have an AtariAge account to browse the forum and download files that have been posted. And that's a good thing, as far as attracting new members goes.

Building on your work and selling the result without consulting or involving you in some way is totally unethical. His failure to post more information, whether it's video, screenshots, or something else, says a lot about his need to stay in the shadows. It would be nice to hear his side of this, but that doesn't seem likely. Taking your code from one forum (AtariAge) and then offering it for sale on another (Facebook) is a clear sign that he knows this is bad business. If your voice elements are in the game he's selling, that alone would convince me that he's flat out stolen your work.

You have a right to be upset about this. I hope he finds very few people to buy his "product."

hi folks

't wasn't me for sure

sometimes spadafermo i stand to shoot first ask later.

at least to ask for is the absolute minimum of respect, if he don't has why should i or anyone else have respect?

yes and no, hmm... let's compare

we made pioneer as defined open source project, no one had to ask us or even right now the leftover devs what to do with the source.

but we are fine with that, it's part of the licence we published it under.

that is little me with "phoenix", i haven't to ask for any permession for sure,

and equal the dude who published his derivate for some bucks, no matter if he would took $100 for it (who to hell would pay $100 for it)

packed in a box or not.

while i must say he made a great job and turned pioneer into something glossy which is worth a few bucks.

he added what our devs feared of (cockpits) and some things which i hate and found its way even into pioneer (colorful nebulas).

first i have to say i don't know under what licence artrag published his work, they differ but i'm not the one who likes to mess with licensing stuff

(in nina paleys words: "i don't have the will neither the time for that, i'm an artist i have WORK to do")

however and in the sense of "all creative work is derivative" and "copying is not theft" it is clear that you at least state who is the author.

"Sich mit fremden Lorbeeren zu schmücken zeigt einen schlechten Charakter".

sehz gernot, once accused for plagiatism.

Edited by Gernot

maybe we (you) have to find a better licensing as creative commons.

see, i was pushed out of pioneer once, an australian dev. had followed what the fuzz was about and contacted me.

his very first mail was "i don't like to publish it as open source, i worked in industry and i have good reasons not to do so"

his main reason wasn't that a nobody could steal our ideas, it was because industry will take profit of our ideas without having to ask for permission,

that's why they so generously handing to us devs the tools we need. so we started a closed group of three developers. nothing was ever made public of that, it's our work, or should have been, unfortunately due to shit which can happen in life i lost contact to him.

means yes we would have to pay for licenses, but it means also that we have full rights over our content.

his arguments really changed my thoughts about open source.

and dammit creative commons have grown to be as complicated as any licensing and also that is not to our benefit, it's to the benefit of lawyers.

natively and naively i would say: "what a bullshit", and certainly i don't understand why we can't be friends.

it seems it didn't works, i mean yes we could and some can, but what about those who won't?

since i can't extract the teeth of such a sly guy from "cookamongo" i have to find better ways.

means licensing of my creative work.

or i have to live with the fact that such will happen sooner or later.

however i hope none of you guys ordered the "gyruss" from him, ok whatever will happen it's for sure a valuable collectors item.

but it smells a bit fishy no?

• Like 1

Well that sucks. I was looking forward to not only playing something new to me but to seeing another game provider with the ability to produce top notch packaging to go with it. I hope whoever created the box/materials is someone other than the person that apparently stole the source code for the game so that they are available to print for other game creators. That is a stunning recreation of original Parker Brothers packaging.

He has the right to sell the boxes, except for the picture of my game on the back.

The rest is just a fraud.

Well that sucks. I was looking forward to not only playing something new to me but to seeing another game provider with the ability to produce top notch packaging to go with it. I hope whoever created the box/materials is someone other than the person that apparently stole the source code for the game so that they are available to print for other game creators. That is a stunning recreation of original Parker Brothers packaging.

• Like 1

He only mentioned that Gyruss would be the first game with more to follow, but nothing about which other games may follow. At least he has made a name for himself now, whether it is for good or bad.

the other games are original from scratch from what I know.

By the way, for those who are on Facebook (I am not), my recommendation is to post something about his behaviour to bring it to light. I do not think it is enough to just kick him out of the group or delete his posts, for people will just wonder whatever happen to him and never actually be aware of his nefarious business.

-dZ.

• Like 1