IGNORED

How do I make a copy of a non-dos floppy image?

rcgldr

You will not regret this order from Atarimax

I'm assuming I'll be able to move files between a PC and the PC based floppy images on a PC using the APE program (no Atari computer involved for PC only transfers between PC files and virtual floppy images)? The point of this for me was some way to transfer files from a PC to an Atari 8 bit computer. Once it's on an Atari DOS image, I have ICDS CP/M program that can transfer files from an Atari DOS floppy (or the SIO2PC emulated floppy) to the Indus CP/M floppy.

There is also an IBTW CP/M utility that will read a file and write the Indus 256 byte sectors starting at sector 1 needed for Indus boot, but I don't have that on an Indus CP/M floppy (yet), or the file (such as the doubler), but currently as long as I have one good copy of the Indus double floppy, I can use the Zsid debugger and Init to make copies of the Indus doubler floppy.

Eventually, if it's wanted, I'll make a utility to create an Indus doubler floppy that can run on a standard (no ramcharger needed) Indus GT drive.

Edited by rcgldr

Between Atari Computer or Atari SIO drive directly to PC - APE emulates drive for computer or ProSys emulates computer and comunnicate directly with drive - copies whole disc to image.

That's why I wrote in another topic that you probably can write in this CP/M Zsid debugger and Init tool these 3 first sectors to another free sectors on disc and ProSys or sector copier allows to transfer it to PC and simpler share globally, not only via physical 5.25 floppy.

Maybe someone will find way to transfer emulator it to drive via X command.

I'm assuming I'll be able to move files between a PC and the PC based floppy images on a PC using the APE program (no Atari computer involved for PC only transfers between PC files and virtual floppy images)?

Looks like I can use the PC Mirror feature. I would create a directory on the PC for the files I want to transfer to/from the Atari, and then use APE to emulate an Atari DOS 2.0 floppy using the PC directory. For CP/M, I can use the ICDS program to transfer between CP/M and Atari DOS 2.0 (or PC using the PC Mirror feature).

• Like 2