_/ __/__\/___ ____ ____ __\_ \/ /____ _\ | |____._ ______ ______
_\_____ \ | /__| /_\ \/ / / _ / \ | __/ | \ __ \ _ /
| \/ / | / \ / \_ _/ \ / \_/ \ \ | / \ \ \/__/_ \_/ \
|_______/___|_____/_____/|____| \ /\______/__\___|_____/_____/_/\___/_____/
!NE7 ___________ _______\/__

5 bonuses - 7 musics - 12 graphics - 11 intros - 4 demos - 2 games - 7 wilds

This pack contains a disk image in MyDos format with all Atari 8-bit releases
of SillyVenture 2k17. I felt theye deserve a good presentation, especially
the graphics and music releases for which no art pack/music disk exists.

This pack comes with results viewer which also acts as a menu from where you
can directly start all releases and read the readmes.

The menu remains memory resident, so you don't have to load it again every
time. This makes watching the graphics entries and listening to the music
entries much more fun, especially on the real machine.
If you use loadable speeders, you have to use the memory area $500-$5ff.
For "SIO2SD TURBO" for example press "OPTION+START" at the boot screen.

These are the controls for the menu:
* Pressing any key while the menu is loading takes you to the DOS shell.
* Pressing RESET in the menu performs a cold start.
* Pressing RESET in while a release is running returns to menu, if possible.
* Further controls are displayed in the menu itself.

The following releases have been patched by me for your seamless pleasure:

* 256 Bytes Of Blues - Now runs from DOS 2.5
* Aliens from Waves - Now runs from SillyPack, packed 22K to 6K
* Bart - Now works with BASIC disabled
* Dragon - Now runs from MyDOS, CPU and RAM detection added
* Film - Now performs cold start upon RESET instead of crash
* Gretro Filler - Now performs cold start upon RESET instead of crash
* Happy Days - Now runs from DOS 2.5, packed 12k to 10k
* Homer - Now works with BASIC disabled
* InBlobs - Now performs cold start upon RESET instead of crash
Packed 16K to 10K
* juliaSM - Now has DOS run address segment.
* Nabuchodonosor 256b - Now runs from DOS 2.5
* Oldskool Pioneer - Now runs from DOS 2.5
* Reharden - Now runs from DOS 2.5, packed 58K to 37K
* Robbo Solucja - Now performs cold start upon RESET instead of crash
* SillyRainbow 2017 - Now runs from DOS 2.5, packed 14k to 3k
* SillyVenture 2k17 - Now runs from DOS 2.5, packed 35k to 10k
* WePlash - Now runs with non Standard OS
* Zg256( zee-g ) - Now runs from DOS 2.5

Original ASCII artwork by NE7, Music "Tambumbi" by 505, menu by JAC!

This download also contains a pre-configured Altirra installation.
Just extract the archive to a folder and run "SillyPack2k17.bat".
To run "WePlash" directly run "SillyPack2k17-WePlash.bat".

Pouet: https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=76161
Download: http://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/sillypack2k17/sillypack2k17.zip

• Like 31

Is Nir Dary's Weolash demo meant for only VBXE?

No, the opposite. Just stock hardware with a SIDE 2 cart. The .bat file should set up Altirra appropriately, though I had some trouble the first time I ran it. Not sure what I did but it worked the second time.

No, the opposite. Just stock hardware with a SIDE 2 cart. The .bat file should set up Altirra appropriately, though I had some trouble the first time I ran it. Not sure what I did but it worked the second time.

I asked because when I try to load it it says partly "No VBXE!!!" The exclamations really made me wonder, like it was expecting one. But it does start loading after, with multiple lines of loading "dots" and then it says "Weplash data not found:EF03 E0E0E0E0" and hangs. But I've been trying to load it via SIO2PC and APE. If it requires a SIDE 2 cart, then I guess I'm out of luck. I own a MyIDE 2 and Atarimax flashcart not SIDE. Hopefully soon, THE!CART as well. I haven't tried loading with a stock OS either though, I've been using Warp+, but it works with everything, including 400/800 stuff, unless it has to be loaded at 1x SIO speed, then I change my 32-in-1 to a stock XL/XE OS or OS B. I rarely use an emulator like Altirra, it just isn't for me to use anything but real hardware. I have used it recently, since at the moment I only have one working Atari, to pit different Chess games against each other, with me making moves for each chess AI on the other chess game. This is for an EXCEL magazine article. I may use Altirra to check out this demo though, if it won't work with a MyIDE II.

Edited by Gunstar

I am not familiar with the differences between the IDE devices. Maybe Nir can provide a compatible version. But it might just as well be impossible, because it really goes to the limits of the hardware.

• Like 1

WePlash does not require VBXE to load. when i tried to run the Sillyventure pack BATCH file the 1st time i a also got the '"Weplash data not found:EF03 E0E0E0E0" message and i suspect that the SIDE CF image was not loaded to proper location, strangely after rebooting my PC and running the batch file again everything worked fine.

if you have SIDE2 cartridge you can burn the .IMG file to a CF cart using WINIMAGE tool, boot the ATARI COMPUTER with SIDE2 in spartados x mode and the demo will play automatically on any Atari XL computer.

if i had a MYIDE2 cart i would probably could make the demo work on that cart as well.

• Like 2

Altirra emulates MYIDE2 accurately, so you could always use that for development.

I can't get the IMG file to work (although I only tried in emulation so far), either by using a SIDE2 cart in SDX mode or via the U1MB PBI BIOS. Even removing U1MB and running a 320K emulated machine with the SIDE in SDX mode gives the exact same result: a crash at $5101 (BRK) after SDX does a JMP (RUNAD). Not sure what I'm doing wrong. The ATR version works OK.

$5101 is 1 byte beyond the end of the first file segment, which itself ends with an RTI at the previous address. What is the correct run address?

Edited by flashjazzcat

Altirr$5101 is 1 byte beyond the end of the first file segment, which itself ends with an RTI at the previous address. What is the correct run address?

Segments of the fixed version which is in the download:

EXE: Loading program 0006-0106 to 5000-5100

EXE: Loading program 010B-0172 to 6000-6067

EXE: Loading program 0177-1616 to 2B00-3F9F

EXE: Loading program 161B-16E6 to 4C00-4CCB

EXE: Loading program 16EB-170A to 4F00-4F1F

EXE: Loading program 170F-1739 to 6080-60AA

EXE: Loading program 173E-173F to 02E0-02E1

EXE: Launching at 6080

The fixed one is the the "SillyPack2k17-WePlash.xex" in the ZIP (and on the SillyPack2k17.atr).

The .bat file starts the fixed one with the IMG mounted.

copy /Y Altirra\Altirra-Original.ini Altirra\Altirra.ini
echo "Devices" = "[{\"tag\": \"side2\",\"children\": [{\"tag\": \"hdrawimage\",\"params\": {\"write_enabled\": false,\"cylinders\": 133,\"sectors_per_track\": 63,\"sectors\": 125685,\"heads\": 15,\"solid_state\": true,\"path\": \"%IMG_PATH%\\\\SillyPack2k17-WePlash.img\"}}]}]" >>Altirra\Altirra.ini

start Altirra\Altirra.exe /portable /f /run:SillyPack2k17-WePlash.xex

Really nice work, love these packs. I've put it with the collection:-)

Is Reharden working for everyone else from SillyPack? It runs from the original atr for me but not from the SillyPack.

Edited by foft

Is Reharden working for everyone else from SillyPack? It runs from the original atr for me but not from the SillyPack.

Crashes on my 1088XEL which is set up as a PAL machine, and I was using the full 1088kB of RAM.

Same here - Reharden did not work from the SillyPack, but when I extracted it and did run it from another ATR image it worked fine...

Afaik, none of the demos do require sep. Antic access (but I have not tested Weplash)...

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Same here - Reharden did not work from the SillyPack, but when I extracted it and did run it from another ATR image it worked fine...

Afaik, none of the demos do require sep. Antic access (but I have not tested Weplash)...

Crashes on my 1088XEL which is set up as a PAL machine, and I was using the full 1088kB of RAM.

I spent literally months making it work from DOS/the pack - with Sandor testing the result and reporting back "Oh now, look, this pixel is not correct now" :-)

Where and how to you run is? I have no access to real HW currently but from the pack with Altirra it runs fine here.

Beware that it uses the BRK instruction as a regular instruction, so if you have set the CPU option to halt as BRK, it won't run.

(Unless you manage to press the "Continue" button 8000 times per second of course :-).