IGNORED

The RS-97 is a nice little Dingoo-style handheld

Flojomojo

On 11/25/2019 at 9:19 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

The RS-97 is back but this time they may have finally gotten it right. We now get an all new IPS screen with a true 60Hz refresh rate and it has better performance. The machine also comes jam packed with roms for every system featured including a few PlayStation games.

Yes, I saw the review last night.  I am very tempted to pick this up right away.  However, I am not sure if I should go with something like this, or with the new RG350 or Bittboy Pocket Go V2.  I really want to have something fully capable of running all PS1 games along with 8- and 16-bit machines.  Any thoughts/opinions would be very much appreciated.  That all being said, I was impressed with what I saw as the new handhelds from China look to be really stepping up their game.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 1:59 AM, Hwlngmad said:

Yes, I saw the review last night.  I am very tempted to pick this up right away.  However, I am not sure if I should go with something like this, or with the new RG350 or Bittboy Pocket Go V2.  I really want to have something fully capable of running all PS1 games along with 8- and 16-bit machines.  Any thoughts/opinions would be very much appreciated.  That all being said, I was impressed with what I saw as the new handhelds from China look to be really stepping up their game.

Hmm, if PlayStation is your main concern I would opt for the RG-350 above this latest RS-97 variant.  The RG-350 is a little more powerful so will run most PlayStation games just fine.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 11:50 PM, Yakumo1975 said:

Hmm, if PlayStation is your main concern I would opt for the RG-350 above this latest RS-97 variant.  The RG-350 is a little more powerful so will run most PlayStation games just fine.

Thanks for the opinion.  I appreciate it.  Probably that or the Bittboy PocketGo V2 is what I will go with, unless something comes out soon that trumps those.

• 2 weeks later...

Atari800 4.1.0

-------
New Version 1.0:
- add virtual keyboard
- some keys change
- default path to ->  roms /media/sdcard/ROMS/atari800
- default path to _>  save /media/sdcard/ROMS/save

-----

Better colors:
Display_Settings->Color_preset->Vibrant

More RAM for some games:
System_Settings->RAM_size->...

Save config:
Emulator_Configuration->Save_Cconfiguration_file

-----

Keys in Emu:
SELECT = menu on
L1 = BACK
START = ENTER
X = SPACE BAR
DPAD = choose option

Keys in Atari:
L1 = SELECT
L2 = OPTION
Y = START
R1 = BACKSPACE
X = SPACE BAR
START = ENTER
R2 = Virtual Keyboard ON/OFF
Press Right Analog (R3) = Shift

Virtual Keyboard
A = Press Key
B = Set keyboard Top/Bottom
X = SHIFT
Y = CONTROL
DPAD = choose key

Joystick:
A = FIRE
B = Joy Up (jump for some game like Crownland)
DPAD or LEFT ANALOG

a800_1_0.opk

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My RS-97 has been gathering dust for the past year. 99 times out of 100, it simply won't turn on. Fandangling the battery(take it in/out) or trying a USB power connection, it might fire up. 

It shouldn't be this bad. 

I've already ordered a different Dingoo-like handheld console that has analog joysticks, with dingux I believe built in. 

BTW don't try the Amstrad emulator. There's no way to exit it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...