IGNORED

can i buy a pre-modded atari flashback 2+ anywhere?

memelord

There is a guy named Jimmy Ipock in the Atari Age Facebook Marketplace that is selling modded FB2's. He has a lot of different options that he has come up with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariagemarketplace/permalink/1001899876650098/

I gotta say these seem very pricey. A FB2 on eBay with cart slot mod went for only $50.00. If the LED is worth $75...

I gotta say these seem very pricey. A FB2 on eBay with cart slot mod went for only $50.00. If the LED is worth $75...

I don't know a lot about it, but I think he actually had to create a "board" to do the led switching. Obviously that is just a gimmick that is not needed, but I think you also have to factor in that he is sourcing these FB2's by himself in many cases so he may be working with an average cost pricing model. I think that it is a cool that you can add a cart slot to a FB2, but I will stick with my real hardware.

I don't know a lot about it, but I think he actually had to create a "board" to do the led switching. Obviously that is just a gimmick that is not needed, but I think you also have to factor in that he is sourcing these FB2's by himself in many cases so he may be working with an average cost pricing model. I think that it is a cool that you can add a cart slot to a FB2, but I will stick with my real hardware.

He did say he was going to make only ten because they are a pain to make, so if you are into collectibles, it may be a scarcity issue and cost of production vs what the average person would pay, as opposed to waiting for someone who happened to make one deciding to get rid of theirs to pay the bills.

• Like 1

There is a guy named Jimmy Ipock in the Atari Age Facebook Marketplace that is selling modded FB2's. He has a lot of different options that he has come up with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariagemarketplace/permalink/1001899876650098/

I purchased a modded FB2 from Jimmy a while back. Mine has a couple of switches to toggle between the built in games and the cartridge slot. I love my original hardware but wanted one of these to plug in my old Harmony and have a simple plug and play. I won't take any of my hardware out of our house, but have no problem bringing this over to a friends house to play games. I've been very, very happy with my purchase. :)

Note: RoboMechanik is great :thumbsup:

post-21941-0-56697900-1528766048.jpg post-21941-0-01610300-1528766072.jpg

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 2