IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - June 11th 2018

Pixelboy

Salutations, ColecoVision fans.

Welcome to another (much delayed) Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. I'd say it's about time to go over all my projects and give everyone an update on everything.

TAKING A BREAK

As you are all well aware, it took a lot longer than I anticipated to ship all the budget boxes and honor all pre-orders. And it's not over yet: I just finished sending notifications to the last group of customers about their ready-to-ship games, and I'll be processing orders for the remainder of the week (and probably slightly beyond).

I've been gluing boxes, assembling carts and processing orders since January, and I think I deserve a nice break for the summer. So after all pending pre-orders will have been honored, I will take a break until late August. I will continue to answer e-mails, of course, and I will record pre-orders as they come, but I won't actively work to make new copies of games for the next couple of months.

I will work on a personal project (which is not ColecoVision-related) during my summer break, and after that project is completed, I will get back on the Team Pixelboy saddle. It's now clear to me that I won't be able to release the usual lot of new titles in time for Christmas 2018, so what I'll do instead is release just two games before the end of the year, namely Space Shuttle and Gauntlet. Why those two games? Because the boxes and cart labels have already been printed. I just need to finish beta-testing Space Shuttle, and complete the manuals for both games, and then all that will be left to do will be gluing boxes and assembling cartridges. I'm sure I can get that done by December.

THE OTHER GAMES ON THE HORIZON

For the next release lineup (Uridium, The Cure, QBIQS, Booming Boy, Multiverse and Arcomage) my goal for the remainder of 2018 will be to prepare the box templates, so that I can have all the boxes printed early next year. All of those games have already passed the beta-testing phase except for Multiverse and Arcomage, and I'll work to beta-test those games ASAP. I wish I could do more this year, but to the best of my estimates, that's the best I'll be able to do between now and Christmas. If nothing prevents me from preparing the manuals for those games during winter 2019, they should be ready to ship in April/May of next year. That's the plan anyway. The remaining games on my to-do list (namely Jewel Panic, Utopia and 1942) will be released near the end of 2019.

MORE GAMES FROM ATARIAGE

Many people are already aware of the old Team Pixelboy titles which are now offered on the AtariAge Store. Some are currently sold out, but more copies will be manufactured in the coming weeks. Boxxle and The Black Onyx will eventually be added to the AtariAge Store, but I don't know when exactly. Me and Albert will be working on that.

Another project we'll be working on is the group of eight SG-1000 games ported to ColecoVision by Mystery Man last year, namely GP World, Mikie, N-Sub, Sega Flipper, Sindbad Mystery, Star Jacker, Zaxxon II and Zoom 909. All of them have passed the beta-testing phase, and now we need to move forward on the box and manual templates. I will work on the box templates this fall (that job shouldn't take me very long to complete) while Albert will handle the manuals and the cartridge assemblies. We're not currently working with any deadline in mind, we're just going to push this project along as free time permits. Those games will probably be released next year.

A HANDFUL OF BUDGET GAMES AVAILABLE

When I got the boxes printed for the budget series, some of those boxes had misprints or were damaged during shipping. The printer company sent me replacements for the damaged goods, and they also sent me a few additional boxes "just in case". I've decided to create some brand new complete-in-box copies of some of the budget games with those extra boxes, and they're ready to ship right now! First come, first served! Here's what's available:

- Caverns of Titan x 3

- Cold Blood x 2

- Shouganai x 4

- Frostbite x 1

- Danger Tower x 2

- J.E.T.P.A.C. x 2

- Sudoku x 6

CONCLUSION - CALLING ALL PAL COLECOVISION FANS!

A customer very recently contacted me and provided evidence that he's experiencing problems with Children of the Night on his PAL ColecoVision console. To be precise, he's seeing corrupted graphics whenever he accesses the status screen. Could someone else who owns a PAL ColecoVision console and a copy of Children of the Night please check this for us? Just start a new game and access the status screen with the (*) key.

This concludes this edition of the Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. :)

• Like 11

Hey Luc, first off I just wanted to say thank you and everyone at Team Pixelboy for their hard work as it really is exemplified in the new batch of games you just released...they're all awesome! From game play to artwork to boxes/manuals, everything is top notch as always. So before you go and enjoy your well deserved break I was just wondering about the 8 sg1000 games as this is the first I'm hearing about them. Are they available for preorder?

So before you go and enjoy your well deserved break I was just wondering about the 8 sg1000 games as this is the first I'm hearing about them. Are they available for preorder?

No, they cannot be pre-ordered yet. They will eventually be sold exclusively on the AtariAge Store. More info here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271594-team-pixelboy-news-bulletin-october-31st-2017/

So nobody here owns a PAL ColecoVision...?

We're in June so I can expect a lot of people are away on vacation. Perhaps I'll have to find a tester using my own records...

i do, send me the rom and ill test on the atarimax sd cart for you

Ah, forgot to mention this here: Some people have tested Children of the Night on their PAL consoles for me, and they didn't see any problem, so I'm going to assume the problem is with the Children of the Night cartridge. I asked the guy who is having the problem to send back his cartridge and I will send him a replacement.

Thanks go to everyone who helped me with this. :)

• Like 1

Ah, forgot to mention this here: Some people have tested Children of the Night on their PAL consoles for me, and they didn't see any problem, so I'm going to assume the problem is with the Children of the Night cartridge. I asked the guy who is having the problem to send back his cartridge and I will send him a replacement.

Thanks go to everyone who helped me with this. :)

For the sheer hell of it, and to make sure mine is okay, I tested my cart in my UK PAL CV and the status screen displayed perfectly.

Did you reach the good end or the bad end ;)?

Man, it's like Majikazo? That game is difficult to get the good ending. You had to defeat all of the enemies of the tower to get that ending, which is difficult because you had to save your stars to defeat your clone.

I think I have the good ending, not sure. Got all of his abilities. PM me what is needed for the good ending.