IGNORED

RARE! Red End Label Ballblazer! L@@K!

sixersfan105

Sooo how and why do eBay sellers think there is anything special about a red end label Ballblazer? It is quite comical. And they sit on them for quite some time, as seemingly the only dumb ones are the sellers themselves...

You mean something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Game-VENTURE-RARE-TESTED-FREE-SHIPPING/291938422125?hash=item43f8e2cd6d

2600 Venture! RARE! $11.65

Ot this one's really good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Atari-DONKEY-KONG-2600-CIB-NOS-5200-7800-Near-Mint-VERY-RARE/162346120237?hash=item25cc95342d:g:yXkAAOSwLnlWnR2s

VINTAGE Atari *** DONKEY KONG *** 2600 CIB NOS 5200 7800 Near Mint VERY RARE!

(except there is no box or manual shown) $30 after shipping.

Ha! But at least that isnt absurdly priced. There are some Ballblazer red labeled carts priced at $80, even $200! Lol

That kind of absurdity is mostly found with consoles. How about this one? Am I missing something?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-RARE-NEW-SEALED-1982-E-T-THE-EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL-ATARI-2600-VIDEO-GAME-2674/192437287487?hash=item2cce27fa3f:g:i20AAOSwRTVaaUrJ

VTG RARE NEW SEALED 1982 E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL ATARI 2600 VIDEO GAME 2674

$150.00

That kind of absurdity is mostly found with consoles. How about this one? Am I missing something?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-RARE-NEW-SEALED-1982-E-T-THE-EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL-ATARI-2600-VIDEO-GAME-2674/192437287487?hash=item2cce27fa3f:g:i20AAOSwRTVaaUrJ

VTG RARE NEW SEALED 1982 E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL ATARI 2600 VIDEO GAME 2674

$150.00

They should have at least thrown some dirt on it to pretend it was unearthed from the landfill in New Mexico! Then again, I heard those went for a lot more...

They should have at least thrown some dirt on it to pretend it was unearthed from the landfill in New Mexico! Then again, I heard those went for a lot more...

Maybe, but it has been posted for three months now without selling. I have to stray a little bit for may favorite, but here it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colecovision-JEEPERS-CREEPERS-Homebrew-NIB-MINT-FREE-SHIPPING/232621921112?hash=item362958d358:g:spsAAOSwE9RZ1DOP

Colecovision~~JEEPERS CREEPERS~~Homebrew*NIB*MINT*FREE SHIPPING* $175

Compare to Atariage Store $50. If there is a difference, they don't mention it:

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1068

• Like 1

There's nothing especially "rare" about them. I've opened a few hundred sealed copies of Ballblazer, and as I recall, about 60% of them had gray end-labels and 40% had red end-labels.

I traded Cassidy for a huge box of Ballblazer shells a long time ago, half of them were red. He sold the boards to an arcade guy. I posted a picture, in another thread discussing this misconception.

I have seen far more red labels than silver labels in the wild.

I've seen worse. I'm not fond of that LQQK or L@@K, people who do that are usuaklly those jacking up rices, now every Adventure game has "Ready Player One" added to it.

Edited by FroggoGamer

I have seen far more red labels than silver labels in the wild.

I've seen worse. I'm not fond of that LQQK or L@@K, people who do that are usuaklly those jacking up rices, now every Adventure game has "Ready Player One" added to it.

Oh have you really? Interesting! Yeah totally agree - adding those words to a listing makes it tacky. I have not seen that about Adventure but thats pretty funny!

Oh have you really? Interesting! Yeah totally agree - adding those words to a listing makes it tacky. I have not seen that about Adventure but thats pretty funny!

Shoot... everyone used to do that back in the late 1990s on eBay. I even remember doing it myself! Hahaha... hardly anyone does that anymore though.

• 2 weeks later...

Another minor pet peeve of mine is those selling 2600 games but add 5200 and 7800 to their title, there are 2000 Atari 7800 listings but have are 2600 titles. Groan.

I now have another Grey Label Ballblazer for my 7800 collection.

How rare is the black text version of the 7800 Realsports Baseball? I got one with a sad shape box for $10 but am looking for one in better condition.

Shoot... everyone used to do that back in the late 1990s on eBay. I even remember doing it myself! Hahaha... hardly anyone does that anymore though.

There are 21255 listings for LQQK

There are 125,231 results for L@@K

There are 41 listings for "Ready Player One Atari Adventure"

I was bored but yes, this is still a thing.

• Like 2

Another minor pet peeve of mine is those selling 2600 games but add 5200 and 7800 to their title, there are 2000 Atari 7800 listings but have are 2600 titles. Groan.

I now have another Grey Label Ballblazer for my 7800 collection.

How rare is the black text version of the 7800 Realsports Baseball? I got one with a sad shape box for $10 but am looking for one in better condition.

Yes! Couldnt agree more on this. It may have stemmed from some Absolute and Activision 7800 titles actually listing on the cartridge (and box): For Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 in 2600 mode. Still, incredibly annoying, especially when seeking a rare 7800 title and you realize its just a common 2600 game.

Black text RealSports Baseball for 7800 is very common. Maybe a little less common than white, but not by that much in my experience. As an added bonus, Black also often has upside down labels (both end and top).