IGNORED

Best Electronics (Jeff Popp) 600XL Video Mod issue during install...

NISMOPC

For some reason the kit came with a 20K Ω resistor instead of a 10K Ω resistor.

10K BROWN, BLACK, ORANGE, GOLD

20K RED, BLACK, ORANGE, GOLD

Location of this resistor is R134 and is the last one I need to solder in place for the mod to be complete.

I am not familiar enough with resistance to know if the 20K will cause any issues due to higher resistance.

Pictures just because...

post-61269-0-26791900-1528930523_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-67425200-1528930530_thumb.jpg

HA! I was going to delete this, glad I did not.

THOSE INSTRUCTIONS SUCK ( which, after much frustration, I re-wrote ), and you don't always get the exact parts stated. In fact, at Eightbitfix I'm staring at the mod right now. Sometimes after the mod, there is NO COLOR. There is a jumper you can run underneath to correct this. I found it by giving up, coming back later, and my finger bridged a circuit ( yes it was on ) and I got color. I think it might also work as a color boost in some cases. The color Pot will have to be adjusted. I can pull the board out and take a pic of the Jeff Popp mod and a pic of my augmentation of it. No Haters please. Glad I could possibly help.

Paul

Well ain't that interesting. OK! Sounds good. I'll install it and see what happens!

I honestly had no issues with the entire process until I got to the R134. Then I just skipped it and finished the rest. The kit did however come with a 200 Ω for the chroma, but no 75 Ω for the luminescence. I didn't have plans for that part of the mod anyhow, so no cares given.

• 4 months later...

He has a test keyboard plugged in to his keyboard there... complete with pass through

I assumed it was a testing rig. I guess I meant "what specifically" and "where" was it obtained. That would be great for testing when having the case open. The original plastic keyboard connectors are so delicate.