IGNORED

Thermal Transfer Paper

toddtmw

Does anyone know where I can get tractor-feed thermal transfer paper? I just bought an Oki Mate 10 printer. I had one BITD, and I recall that it does not print the best on standard paper. I used to buy thermal transfer paper that was slightly coated to allow the ink to show up better.

I've tried some google searches, but have not had any luck.

Thanks.

-Todd

Does anyone know where I can get tractor-feed thermal transfer paper? I just bought an Oki Mate 10 printer. I had one BITD, and I recall that it does not print the best on standard paper. I used to buy thermal transfer paper that was slightly coated to allow the ink to show up better.

I've tried some google searches, but have not had any luck.

Thanks.

-Todd

I had one. IIRC Copy paper worked ok, it was the next best thing to thermal transfer paper. The "computer paper" sold at the time with the tear-off holes looked awful.

I imagine the bigger problem would be finding ink

This place has rolls of thermal paper:

https://www.paperjack.com/index.php/shop-paperjack/thermal-paper-rolls.html

Not sure about tractor feed thermal paper though.

Bill

"Thermal transfer" paper is different from thermal paper. Thermal paper is heat sensitive and needs no ribbon to print

The "ink" of a thermal transfer printer is basically wax, and the printer "melts" it onto the paper. If you do this with ordinary porous paper, it doesn't spread evenly and looks poor. Thermal transfer paper is basically smooth, slightly glossy, paper that gives good even results on this type of printer.

Edited by zzip
  • Like 1