IGNORED

Official Hover Bovver Release For Sale and Immediate Shipping!

I see that even after 5 years the game is using unauthorised graphics from my 2013 version :roll:. As I stated back in 2016 to Willy "You are not authorised to use any of the graphics from my version of the game" and that still stands 100%. As a comparison, check out the following images :-

My 2013 version on the left, Elektronite's 2018 version on the right :-
post-21935-0-41219400-1529611412_thumb.png

My 2013 version on the left, Elektronite's 2018 version on the right :-
post-21935-0-44628500-1529611425.png

So lets put some facts out as to why my team still retains copyright :-

• There was no employer/employee relationship - Elektronite had no control over who, where and when the project was worked on, nor did they supply any tools to complete the project. Thus that makes me an independent contractor.
  • It was not "Work for hire" (as Willy has retrospectively claimed) - To be a valid work for hire agreement with an independent contractor, it needs to state that it is "Work for Hire" in the agreement, as well as being a written and countersigned agreement. This was a loose agreement in PMs, so again, no change from hiring me as an independent contractor.
  • No reassignment of copyright - At no point was copyright of the works (including code, graphics and music/FX) transferred to Elektronite, thus my team retains their copyright 100% as being the creators of the works.

Apparently, Nonner and I have been given "SPECIAL THANKS" in the manual :roll: and offered a promotional copy. Thanks, but no thanks to that stupid gesture! That does not mitigate the fact that this game is using unauthorised graphics in any way, shape or form.

Edit: For anybody interested, heres the development blog of my version :-
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212297-new-game-for-intellivision-hover-bovver/

And the link for the deal going sour with a blackmail attempt :-
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217049-elektronites-blackmail-attempt/

Edited by GroovyBee

This is the only post I will make regarding GroovyBee and Nonner.

The credit in the manual and the promotional copies were offered as the animosity over this game needs to stop. It was not meant to be public.

To help stop the animosity, GroovyBee was offered additional money over the $2,000 already paid to him to release his version of the game, I think it was last year, not certain. GroovyBee refused the offer and refused to return the $2,000.

Make what you will of the above. I am done.

I am glad this game was released with short notice so Groovy could not disrupt it.

He likely was never going to release whatever his version was going to be anyway.

As I have followed this for years and been in touch with someone from Elektronite over that time,the message above from Soulbuster is all true.

And,it is the short and very kinder version of what he could post.

At midnight Pacific time tonight, all unsold reservation serial numbers will be released for sale.

• Those that have placed an order in the last couple of days will be shipped out tomorrow with their reserved number.
  • If no number was reserved, you will receive the next lowest number available, including the released numbers.
  • The orders that have a reserved number can opt to go for the next lowest number, including the released numbers, but you must PM me before I ship items out tomorrow.

Well I just received my package from Soulbuster, to my surprise I had to dish out another $14.24 , First time I had to pay for a retro game shipment. F Custom lol

They charged the GST plus a handling fee of almost 3 times the GST.

Did this happen to Anyone else here in Canada.

I wonder if this is because of the trade shit going on between Trudue and Trump

post-40874-0-26820100-1529689740_thumb.jpeg

Edited by m-crew

I am sending William my Half Cut board for the upgrade and going with the box it came with. So my reserved 44 should be available for someone.

Got you covered.

Well I just received my package from Soulbuster, to my surprise I had to dish out another $14.24 , First time I had to pay for a retro game shipment. F Custom lol

They charged the GST plus a handling fee of almost 3 times the GST.

Did this happen to Anyone else here in Canada.

I wonder if this is because of the trade shit going on between Trudue and Trump

That sucks.

This is the only post I will make regarding GroovyBee and Nonner.

The credit in the manual and the promotional copies were offered as the animosity over this game needs to stop. It was not meant to be public.

To help stop the animosity, GroovyBee was offered additional money over the $2,000 already paid to him to release his version of the game, I think it was last year, not certain. GroovyBee refused the offer and refused to return the $2,000.

Make what you will of the above. I am done.

I already stated publicly back in Feb 2016 that the graphics could not be used. I got that PM you mentioned from Willy nearly a year later in January 2017 and never replied. Even though I stated they couldn't be used back in 2016, Elektronite went ahead and used them with little/no modification :roll:.

If Elektronite wanted to stop the animosity they could have redone the graphics 100% before shipping the game and then I wouldn't have cared less.

So who is causing animosity to who again?

Got you covered.

That sucks.

Yup that sucks for sure, I wonder if it was because of a business name was on the shipping label? But the last few times I ordered from you their was no problem..

Question for you I wonder how hard would it be to put your name instead of the store the next order and as a gift.. Because with exchange and that extra fee .. It came out to be almost a 120 Cdn . for this game.. Not chump change that's for sure..

Looking forward to playing this game..

Thanks again..

Oh BTW I still blame Trudue and Trump trade tiff for this... lol So funny watching those two that's for sure..

Yup that sucks for sure, I wonder if it was because of a business name was on the shipping label? But the last few times I ordered from you their was no problem..

Question for you I wonder how hard would it be to put your name instead of the store the next order and as a gift.. Because with exchange and that extra fee .. It came out to be almost a 120 Cdn . for this game.. Not chump change that's for sure..

Looking forward to playing this game..

Thanks again..

Oh BTW I still blame Trudue and Trump trade tiff for this... lol So funny watching those two that's for sure..

was it sent via USPS?

PayPal starts looking at accounts when there are a lot of transactions that are gifted, it would be a problem. I might be able to change it from naberhood.com to my name though.

• Like 1