IGNORED

Official Hover Bovver Release For Sale and Immediate Shipping!

In order to clarify things:

• I've developed this game under request for Elektronite.
  • All the code is 100% original.
  • They had paid for a half done ROM and requested to reuse graphics as they already had boxes manufactured from many years ago.
  • The graphics in question were: title screen, man walking, houses (changed door) and a 8x8 flower tile.
  • The dog graphics come from the Atari 8-bit version of the game.
  • All other graphics were done by me, including the icons in the status bar. With exception of the lawnmower at title screen that comes from Joe Zbiciak.

Reassignment of copyright is not necessary. If you are doing work for a game publisher it is reasonable to think you are giving them permission to publish your work; why else would they be paying you.

mr_me is right.

I've worked in many games and once you receive a payment legally the buyer has right to the things you've developed.

Never saw any developer that thought they keep the game for himself while receiving money from other person.

Welcome mr_me! I see that once again you decide to surgically target a precise and minimal piece of what was set and pick at it in your usual pedantic lawyerly way, without consideration for the full context. True to form as always!

It's nice and comfortably reassuring to see how in these trying times some things never change. Attaboy! :thumbsup:

I don't see where this comes, you look misinformed.

"Nonsensical Godfather pic," that's rich. Soulbuster said "make that what you will," so I did. ;)

Yes, it's nonsensical. The money was paid, not like your image suggested.

• Like 5

This is a fantastic game. Great gameplay with lots of different strategies to employ. I think I will be playing this quite often. I really enjoy the permanent high score table. Also, the box, overlays, manual, and cartridge label are well done. The concept and art of this game make me laugh, and the gameplay is tough and complex enough to keep me coming back.

I guess I'm trying to say I really appreciate this release. Thanks to everyone involved.

An instant classic and must have for the intellivision...

This game oozes quality / fun / and replay value.(love the speech in this game). Not sure what went on over this game and its release , but The wait was well worth it. Thank You all who were involved in anyway to this release.

• Like 1

"Nonsensical Godfather pic," that's rich. Soulbuster said "make that what you will," so I did. ;)

Yes, and you made something nonsensical out of it.

I get you have some sort of issue with Elektronite, and I'm not saying it isn't deserved since I do not know the particulars, but insinuating that someone is a thief is a pretty serious claim. Especially so when no one disputes that money did change hands for services rendered. I would defend you just as much if someone claimed you stole something to make Christmas Carol since I know you did no such thing.

Great voices in this game. Very well done. First time I ever connected the voice module to Intellivision.

Jeff's story in the manual is good.

High Score so far is: 243,755 After level 32, it goes back to level 17

Not sure how popular they were but we had a Flymo mower in the 80s.

post-27883-0-06250200-1529982563.jpg

• Like 6

Great to see this is finally out, looks nice from what I've seen and the voice work in particular is top notch :).

I'll be busting out my Inty when my copy arrives, looking forward to playing it, also happy to see people are enjoying the gameplay too :).

I cut my lawn IRL yesterday. My actual lawn is pretty small, a separate area from my fields where the sheep are. So I really do trim it with a bright orange Flymo hover mower.

• Like 15

Great to see this is finally out, looks nice from what I've seen and the voice work in particular is top notch :).

I'll be busting out my Inty when my copy arrives, looking forward to playing it, also happy to see people are enjoying the gameplay too :).

I cut my lawn IRL yesterday. My actual lawn is pretty small, a separate area from my fields where the sheep are. So I really do trim it with a bright orange Flymo hover mower.

Sheep? For sure I thought it would be llamas... :ponder:

I just played this game for the first time since I purchased it. I agree that it's pretty amazing. The goal is fun. Re-playability is excellent and the graphics are pretty great too. As I'm still re-buying my collection, my Intellivoice unit hasn't arrived in the mail yet. So, once I get that I'm looking forward to experiencing that aspect of this game as well. All in all, great job on this and it'll be a staple for me as I get back into the Intellivision scene.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, he was emailed along with everyone else. #6 is now released.

Yes, but when he is on vacation there's nothing he can do. Thanks for giving a one week time frame when people had to wait - what was it? 3, 4 years?

@Mike, thanks for your kind reasoning.

88 is already sitting on my shelf, but I agree about it being the best # :D

Yep... only second to 77. :lol:

(which was taken very quickly)

I think I went with 67 at the time because it was the only thing left with a "7" in it (87 wasn't available either).

When it comes down to it though, unless it's like 77 or 88, I don't much care about the number. :)

I think I went with 67 at the time because it was the only thing left with a "7" in it (87 wasn't available either).

When it comes down to it though, unless it's like 77 or 88, I don't much care about the number. :)

It's interesting to me how so many of us connect with a number. I said above how I like 42 as a Douglas Adams fan and 75 for my birth year, for others it's a lucky number sort of thing. I think that's why so many people like serial numbered releases besides the obvious low number value some have.

That guy that took 77 is an asshat! ?

• Like 1

My real preference is #8, but those either go quickly and/or command a premium price, so 88 has been my recent go to.

• 2 weeks later...

I was worried about the same thing with the half cut upgrade.

That is a picture of my new boxed copy, the label on my Half-Cut is much worse. Cart sticker was like that day 1. I was really hoping they would re-print the stickers and offer them for sale as the ones that come with the game are not good. LTO type stickers would be the best.