IGNORED

Your favorite Pong console design?

FOX2600

A few years ago after stumbling upon David Winters PONG STORY website (highly recommended!) and browsing thru his rarity guide Ive discovered sooo many Pong units I never knew existed. Even though its generally the same game, what makes Home Pong consoles so fun to me is the endless variety of looks and astetics they had!

Some of my personal favorites are the Wonder Wizard (which has an interesting history) for that lovely wood grain, the Ricochet, and the Unisonic tournament 1000.

What are some of your favorites?

• Like 1

I'm most partial to the Odyssey 100-2000 systems and the Atari Super Pong Pro-Am units.

The original pedestal Pong is classic, as well (mine's a Sears), although the Sears Super Pongs with the woodgrain grilles are a little fugly IMO.

The APF TV Fun is a nice, deluxe-looking system, with its brushed aluminum and chrome appointments.

I'm not normally a fan of the Coleco Telstar systems because they're about as cheap and janky as a videogame can possibly be, but a Telstar Classic in good condition is something to behold. Sooo much '70s in one wooden box right there. :-D

The original Odyssey is a trip and looks like something out of 2001.

I own quite a few Pong systems, and picking one out to play is like picking out clothes for a night out. What looks good to me today? :-D

I'm going to have to go with the 2018 model...

https://youtu.be/HCLdnSABfto

This gets my vote. If you're going to invest in a Pong unit, get the best one there is! :grin:

Aside, what's the best version of Pong? Video Olympics / Pong Sports for the VCS gets my vote. Some variation modes have so many sets of paddles onscreen it's like playing virtual fooseball. :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aside, what's the best version of Pong? Video Olympics / Pong Sports for the VCS gets my vote. Some variation modes have so many sets of paddles onscreen it's like playing virtual fooseball. :grin:

Hard to dispute that. :)

FYI, those "foosball" variations are literally called Foozpong--so yeah, foosball is in fact what they were going for. :-D I actually got a 4-player game of that going at Midwest Gaming Classic on my Sears Heavy Sixer. :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...