IGNORED

Atari VCS new

robbo007

There were loads more vcs joysticks sold than that. Surely I'm not one of only 13 that bought it, unless a crapton of people cancelled? :???:

I think Atari is full of BS and just wanted the numbers reset like all the other numbers (to obfuscate), but here's what they said:

post-39941-0-79835900-1529491078.jpg

I agree with you the joystick looks fun and could be a nice complement to Atari 2600 games on other systems. I just wish they'd have gone ahead and produced them like a normal company. Supposedly--unlike the Atari VCS--it's almost a finished prototype.

• Like 4

Using the phrase "While supplies last" when nothing has been produced, let alone sold out = total dick move. Same for "bringing back" the Woody style. It's so backwards and disrespectful of potential customers and it boggles my mind anyone would participate in their scheme.

Except for you, Kosmic, I know you're into controllers and that's OK.

• Like 4

If you ordered one, you will get it. ?

Why the question mark? Are they that unsure of themselves? :ponder:

Except for you, Kosmic, I know you're into controllers and that's OK.

No offense taken. Everyone here knows I'm a huge joystick junkie. :D

(resisting urge to post photos of my custom joystick collection for the umteenth time...)

(resisting urge to post photos of my custom joystick collection for the umteenth time...)

(...)

I got excited to see VCS in the Jaguar thread. Did someone else play with the Virtual VCS? :D

Oh just the new heartless system made by a zombie corporation of soulless lawyers with a little woodgrain slapped on.

I have more to say, but it would not be kind.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 2

Oh just the new heartless system made by a zombie corporation of soulless lawyers with a little woodgrain slapped on.

Heartless in the literal sense; there's nothing in that case, folks!

(At least none of the cases they've shown off; I'd assume they'd show a working version if they had it.)

• Like 1

Llamasoft confirmed it after "Atari" contacted them in a panic after being caught out in blatant lies to people trying to drum up funds from unsuspecting (? was anyone that dumb?) victims. At the time of the video from "Atari" showing "T4000 running on the console" Llamasoft knew nothing of it. Also, the game doesn't exist yet, assuming it gets made, so that video is ... well... you decide if you trust them.

This is the part I don't understand.... Ataribox had already been announced before T4K was and was said to be based on Linux. Did not Atari SA, who already made plans, even asked Jeff to make a Linux version to be used later for the Atari VCS?

Or does Atari even know what the hell they're doing??

• Like 1

Evisu... modern games will be released also ;)

When a company promises this:

post-6333-0-97199000-1529622477_thumb.png

and when absolutely nothing happens at E3 says this:

post-6333-0-24679200-1529622512_thumb.jpeg

and gives ridiculous non-interviews like this:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/21/atari_interview_in_full/

a person would have to fresh off the turnip truck to listen to anything the sleazeballs at "Atari" have to say about anything. Why someone would actually throw money at these assholes defies belief.

• Like 8

These antics make me think that any given genuine IP holder (new company, old company, whatever) is rather blind and ignorant to begin with. Not out malice or anything. You see.. The IP holder hires out people to develop the IP into a product and these hire-ees get paid for generating noise on the internet. This includes PR and marketing flunkies, lackluster engineers, social media managers, fake gamers, facebook posters, evangelists, product promoters at shows, people traveling worldwide to give interviews, and whoever else invents material that grabs attention on the internet. Let us not forget the True Believers either. It's like a goddamned cult!

And at some point several years later (depending on how good they fool you) they all get let go. And the IP holder gets left holding a bag of embarrassment.

The real profiteers seem to be those middle-men.

And we gaming enthusiasts supply the interest they feed off of.

• Like 2

They are nothing but patent trolls. They have no hardware to show, no game partners, no software. Just people's pre-order money and a written guarantee of no refunds needed when the product does not ship. Sad times.

• Like 2

These antics make me think that any given genuine IP holder (new company, old company, whatever) is rather blind and ignorant to begin with. Not out malice or anything. You see.. The IP holder hires out people to develop the IP into a product and these hire-ees get paid for generating noise on the internet. This includes PR and marketing flunkies, lackluster engineers, social media managers, fake gamers, facebook posters, evangelists, product promoters at shows, people traveling worldwide to give interviews, and whoever else invents material that grabs attention on the internet. Let us not forget the True Believers either. It's like a goddamned cult!

And at some point several years later (depending on how good they fool you) they all get let go. And the IP holder gets left holding a bag of embarrassment.

The real profiteers seem to be those middle-men.

And we gaming enthusiasts supply the interest they feed off of.

I wish it were just a bunch of guys who purchased the IP to make a quick buck but it's worse...

These (French) guys are a contunuation of Infogrames who purchased the Atari name & IP and became a sleazy publisher. Go look up Driv3rgate where they released an unfinish game to reviews and paid them off to get great reviews, and hire Chinese trolls to fill up gamimg forums defending the company. And even threaten a web site for bad reviews of a crappy Alone In The Dark remake... Any wonder why they had to sell of most of their studios & franchises as well as declair bankrupcty?

So I'm not at all surprised by their shady responses & dishonest tactics. If they are a continuation of any Atari, it sure ain't the one founded by Bushnell or even ran by the Tramiels...

• Like 4