IGNORED

Atari VCS new

robbo007

They are nothing but patent trolls. They have no hardware to show, no game partners, no software. Just people's pre-order money and a written guarantee of no refunds needed when the product does not ship. Sad times.

And that´s exactly what I am afraid of. IF the start is successful, the console will be sold in retail stores as well and I can still buy one. So long i keep the money ...

edit: What´s about a Atari Jaguar Mini Classic Console with 20 pre-installed games*? THAT would be great!

*Cybermorph, Dino Dudes, Raiden, Iron Soldier 1+2, AvP, Atari Karts, Rayman, Battlesphere, Mutant Penguins, T2k, D2k, Breakout2k, Missile Command 3d, Fight for Life, Kasumi Ninja, Protector, Towers II, Checkered Flag, Doom

Edited by evisu

Not at all ;)... just a shill ;)

FIFY

Feel free to prove it ;)

Difficult to prove a negative. I don't need to prove "Atari" doesn't have a working prototype or solid business plan, they have to prove that they do.

As far as their announced games, yes...technically they did announce a handful of games that we mostly already knew about. The question was posed in the Indiegogo forum though, so it would be safe to assume the person posing the question was referring to the VCS. I doubt very much they were interested in the mobile Night Driver. Much like someone pretending to play the PC T4K in front of VCS shells with a non-disclaimered video (the description of which was only edited after the fact), "Atari" seems to pride themselves on skirting around straight answers.

• Like 7

Gummy Bear... me, I have... So, prove it with solid statements ;)

No. The burden of proof is on "Atari," or if you want to continue shilling on their behalf, you. They should be considered scamming liars until proven otherwise, given what they've said and done so far.

FYI, blatant trolls are not welcome here. We've seen this kind of behavior before.

• Like 3

No. The burden of proof is on "Atari," or if you want to continue shilling on their behalf, you. They should be considered scamming liars until proven otherwise, given what they've said and done so far.

FYI, blatant trolls are not welcome here. We've seen this kind of behavior before.

Hey now. I don't agree with marss about the vcs, but you do realize he is part of the team behind Uwol?

That last bit is a bit harsh.

Thanks for posting this. I was into WoW at the time and completely unaware of anything around Driv3rgate. Crappy stuff.

I wish it were just a bunch of guys who purchased the IP to make a quick buck but it's worse...

These (French) guys are a contunuation of Infogrames who purchased the Atari name & IP and became a sleazy publisher. Go look up Driv3rgate where they released an unfinish game to reviews and paid them off to get great reviews, and hire Chinese trolls to fill up gamimg forums defending the company. And even threaten a web site for bad reviews of a crappy Alone In The Dark remake... Any wonder why they had to sell of most of their studios & franchises as well as declair bankrupcty?

So I'm not at all surprised by their shady responses & dishonest tactics. If they are a continuation of any Atari, it sure ain't the one founded by Bushnell or even ran by the Tramiels...

Hey now. I don't agree with marss about the vcs, but you do realize he is part of the team behind Uwol?

That last bit is a bit harsh.

It's perfectly OK to be snotty to noobs on here who don't share the same opinions and beliefs as you. After all, post count means EVERYTHING. Didn't you get the memo?

Jesus... That was horrifying..

I didn't even know about the phones or the handheld.

I remember hearing about the handheld, but assumed it was already done. I had no clue it was a preorder that is many months late. It's cuter than the AtGames Atari Flashback Portable, but a lot less functional. What the heck happened with that?

I remember hearing about the handheld, but assumed it was already done. I had no clue it was a preorder that is many months late. It's cuter than the AtGames Atari Flashback Portable, but a lot less functional. What the heck happened with that?

I guess that's what happens when a game brand gets bought by people that have no interest or experience in games.

Just farts in the wind.

• Like 3

Jesus... That was horrifying..

I didn't even know about the phones or the handheld.

Indeed.. the more I hear about "present-day atari" the less guilty I feel about not getting into their stuff. Not that they had anything to entice me anyways.

I'm just thankful for the incredible and wonderful experience Real Atari gave us in the 1970's. And the ability to relive it through vintage hardware bought on ebay and emulation software under ongoing development this very instant.

• Like 1