IGNORED

TV With Atari-Like Logo

toddtmw

We're all not gegtting any younger, and my memory isn't what it once was.

My first Atari 800 was hooked to a 20" color TV that had a logo that was similar to the Atari Fuji logo.

But, I cannot remember what it was, I thought it was Sanyo, but when I look at their logos, that's not it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks. I agree. But, this was the 80s so the logo was much more primitive. I seem to recall, it kind of looked like the Atari logo without the gaps. So it was kind of like the two sides of the Atari logo pushed together without the middle bar.

The logo shown is Television South, the ITV franchise for South East England until the early 90s when it was replaced by Meridian.

TVS made TV shows, not TVs.

Mitsubishi perhaps? Their logo is roughly triangular like the Fuji.

As a kid I used my 800XL with a Mitsubishi "Blue Diamond" TV that I "borrowed" from my Dad. Great picture on that thing.

I know what he's talking about, BUT I don't recall precisely what brand of television it was. Now it's gonna bother me all day...

It was a single color image, right?

On the tv I had it was, but I think it might have been a brushed metal Logo.

That was my first thought. I went there, didn't notice any brands I recognized, then did a Google image search for "tube television," then "1970s television." Then it struck me... the Quasar jingle by Patrick Swayze's mother. (At least, I heard it was her, from a book I read a million years ago. My information could be wrong.) You know the one. It came right to me after that.

Edited by Jess Ragan
  • Like 1

Wow, that IS a rip off, I looked and saw it was a US side TV so I knew there would be a million and one versions :)

Glad you found it, always gives the old memory stakes a real "I feel like its that day again" feeling...

Happy for you..

• Like 1

This Atari Gotcha arcade game flyer is supposed to be from 1973. But there is no date on the actual flyer itself. So, I wouldn't call it verified at that date.

The earliest items I could find (in a fairly quick search of 10-15 minutes) that have dates on them are these schematics of Pong and Gotcha and this Atari Innovative Leisure flyer.

So they were at least using it by 1974, maybe earlier.

PongSchematics.pdf

Gotcha Schematics.pdf

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

This Quasar remote is supposed to belong to a 1960's television (according to the Ebay seller). No date on it either (but a lot of crud :lol: ).

But, of course, we know how sellers can lie or make things up about about their "vintage" equipment.

post-6369-0-22424500-1529513297_thumb.jpg

Here's the actual auction: Ebay - Vintage 1960's Quasar TV Remote

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1