IGNORED

Free 5200 paddle conversions

Skatepunk60

Yep thats right im gonna do it , cause i dont wanna pay no 65$ for no stinkin paddle so i opened the joystick up disassembled the whole thing and found out how i can make this work so why not share the wealth? I havenent had a chance to test it seeing as my 5200 is broken at the moment but if anyone has a set of working paddles any 1 or 2 joysticks ill do the conversion free of charge.

Dont go sending me stuff yet , i want to perfect this art , and test it first but when i do this offer will start buyer pays shipping of course , i dont wanna be loosing money here

I'm totally into it. I have scads of spare 5200 sticks, though most need to be cleaned up. I would gladly trade for your services- I'd love 2 of those Paddle 5200 controllers (for competition!)

Is someone still working on Warlords for 5200?

Skatepunk- drop me a note- we can talk paddles and skateboards.

-ian

It's not that hard to do, even a layman to electronics can do this mod in about 20-30 minutes. It's just a matter of removing one pot (vertical) and mounting the other pot in the center and rigging a paddle handle, or getting a different pot from radio shack for a couple bux and replacing the original. The mounting part is actually the hardest, but even that will only take like 10 min. I still have a "work in progress" mod instructions that I was going to send to AtariAge, but haven't had the time to finish it...it actually takes longer to write up the instructions and make some small schematic sketches than it does to actually do the mod. No big thing...no one should charge for it, except maybe parts and for the half hour out of your life to do it, if your stingy with your time.