IGNORED

New ADAM game released: Sargon by Eric Pearson

NIAD

There's already a chess game released on cartridge for use with the CV or ADAM. It's called Chess Challenger and was released by CollectorVision in 2012. You will have to check their website to see if any are still available or other sources like Good Deal Games. I don't think the rom has been released by CollectorVision

As far as converting Sargon from ADAM specific format to CV. I don't think it would be to much trouble especially with the MegaCart PCB allowing for larger than 32K carts and the added RAM provided by the SGM. It's just a matter of someone having the time to convert it, but more importantly the will.

How does one load this game? I have the AtariMax SD Card, but not the disk drive.

It is an ADAM only game that is in Disk Image format. You can't load it with the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart. Sounds like emulation is your only option to play this game.

I see, thanks for the info. I'll check. I remember Sargon fondly from back in the day -- around 1979 on the trusty Apple II+. Glad to see finally that it has been released for the ADAM... 40 years later.

IIRC, Chris Braymen's Modem Chess for the ADAM used the same CP/M version of Sargon as it's starting point. Check it out, it's pretty good.

It is an ADAM only game that is in Disk Image format. You can't load it with the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart. Sounds like emulation is your only option to play this game.

The file is available in DSK and DDP file formats. I would assume DDP is the cassette format, and DSK is 5.25 disk format. How would one write that file on a floppy disk and/or cassette?

The file is available in DSK and DDP file formats. I would assume DDP is the cassette format, and DSK is 5.25 disk format. How would one write that file on a floppy disk and/or cassette?

Do you have the Microfox Virtual Disk Drive (SD Drive) sold by Adamcon for the ADAM Computer. If so, copy the image file to the SD Card and play away.

If you don't, I would contact MilliV on here or the Coleco Adam Facebook page and ask him to make you a disk or data pack copy. They'll be a fee for the media and S/H.