IGNORED

Price check O2 Prototype

mtshark7

OK. Please help me out on this one; I'm asking the following question from a position of relative ignorance as regards O2 prototypes but familiarity with both released O2 hardware and prototypes on other systems.

The pictures of the cartridges with typed labels, non-final artwork, etc. look, as a layman, believable to me as being prototypes, or at least pre-release loaners.

The ones with final artwork and the word 'PROTOTYPE' slapped across them do not. That Attack of the Timelord cartridge is something I could easily fake using my own as a starting point.

It's not that I doubt what you're saying, but do you have any references I should check to get a better understanding of what does and does not typically constitute an O2 prototype? This is something I would genuinely like to educate myself on a little better.

How to know? There is no rule. It is by talking to other collectors that we can confirm or not. And again, will there be doubts? The discussion remains open.

There are prototypes USA, Brazil and Europe. Some are called "prototypes" but would prefer to be "Press Copy" for Magnavox salespeople ...

Pics: 2 Brazil "prototypes":

- Super Cobra: called NOVO instead of PROTO.

- Demmon Atack (Demon attack) maybe proto.

Tell me your thoughts.

post-45774-0-61019200-1530184329_thumb.jpg

post-45774-0-10494600-1530184341_thumb.jpg

post-45774-0-81451600-1530184349.jpg

post-45774-0-90005900-1530184360.jpg

Edited by VPB---
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...