IGNORED

Retron77 Compatibility List

godslabrat

If someone can send me a list of games to test, I would be more than happy to as i am back from a 7 day training. I hope that there is an update to this console so that it can address some of the carts that do not play on the original library. (It might take a day or two but will get around to it.)

If someone can send me a list of games to test, I would be more than happy to as i am back from a 7 day training. I hope that there is an update to this console so that it can address some of the carts that do not play on the original library. (It might take a day or two but will get around to it.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lzJdxHuRL9I-EdJ0f1abb2a9Gv46qLj-gmAj-PSBbN0/edit#gid=0

latest updates that I've done are on the google docs sheet, you should be able to access it.

Planning to do my PAL CBS set tonight and start the Atari PAL text label variations.

If you don't have Fatal Run to test, I have a copy. Also have the second Miner. LMK

I've got a question. Does the Genesis pad work if you start the machine with a Joystick plugged in and then switch to the pad?

I have tested the following. All NTSC that I am aware of. Other than Freeway once, and Dragster...all the others did not work. I plugged the Genesis 6 button controller in after I loaded a game. Still did not work. I booted up Dragster but I am terrible at the game.

Realsports Boxing

Star Wars Arcade

Miner

Miner II

Dragster(loaded)

Freeway(worked once)

Robot Tank

Spider Fighter

Decathalon

Popeye

Death Star Battle

Super Cobra

Tutankham

• Like 1

I have tested the following. All NTSC that I am aware of. Other than Freeway once, and Dragster...all the others did not work. I plugged the Genesis 6 button controller in after I loaded a game. Still did not work. I booted up Dragster but I am terrible at the game.

Realsports Boxing

Star Wars Arcade

Miner

Miner II

Dragster(loaded)

Freeway(worked once)

Robot Tank

Spider Fighter

Decathalon

Popeye

Death Star Battle

Super Cobra

Tutankham

No Star Wars, Popeye, or Tutankham? Sadness.

Realsports Boxing

Star Wars Arcade

Miner

Miner II

Dragster(loaded)

Freeway(worked once)

Robot Tank

Spider Fighter

Decathalon

Popeye

Death Star Battle

Super Cobra

Tutankham

Interesting that this nearly matches 100% with my findings in the google docs sheet. it does look like some carts just have a problem.

Be good to see how this develops as more people try these carts as it's entirely possible, both Swlovinist and I have "duff" carts. I had to give a lot of mine a good clean to get them to work on the Retron. Of course these things are also in some cases 40 years old :)

Swlovinist

On Robot Tank did you get an odd rolling screen saying "Switching to Reserve Tank"

Interesting that this nearly matches 100% with my findings in the google docs sheet. it does look like some carts just have a problem.

Be good to see how this develops as more people try these carts as it's entirely possible, both Swlovinist and I have "duff" carts. I had to give a lot of mine a good clean to get them to work on the Retron. Of course these things are also in some cases 40 years old :)

Swlovinist

On Robot Tank did you get an odd rolling screen saying "Switching to Reserve Tank"

I did. Also my Realsports Boxing did this but do not know if I got a PAL cart. Also, do not know if what we have is the commercial unit or if there will be any changes to hardware before released.

Anyone know if ROM hacks made for the Flashback Portable (ie Star Raiders) would work on the SD card for the Retron? I'm wondering if it might make up for the lack of "other" controlers support...

The hacks that specifically eliminate the need for unsupported controllers would likely work, but these also take advantage that hardware switches like select are available as easily-accessible buttons on the AFP, so the results may not be as practical on the R77.

How quickly do we think these issues will be resolved?

Do the carts list not working work as a rom?

I'm thinking that there will be updates available to the firmware/BIOS/whatever eventually.

Although frankly, this is why I'm still trying to find an RCA cable for my Atari 2600 Jr.

Just wanted to post this here as well. I had a strange issue with my fire button not registering. It stopped registering, and all my controllers stopped working. The only time a button press was working was in the home menu selecting a rom. The issue was resolved by reformatting the SD card and downloading the R77 image from here: https://www.hyperkin.com/r77.

• Like 1

Just wanted to post this here as well. I had a strange issue with my fire button not registering. It stopped registering, and all my controllers stopped working. The only time a button press was working was in the home menu selecting a rom. The issue was resolved by reformatting the SD card and downloading the R77 image from here: https://www.hyperkin.com/r77.

I had the same issue, also fixed by re-imaging the card. Menu fine, in the emulation, nothing.

When I checked the card, the Stella directory was completely corrupted with odd filenames and the settings file "STELLARC" could not be opened.

I also had an issue where I lost sound and fire function, again re-imaging the card restored it.

Edited by Muddyfunster