IGNORED

Atgames Sega Genesis Classic Cartridge INCOMPATIBILITY list?

I have searched and have not found a complete list of incompatible carts, I just assume Virtua Racing & maybe early titles like Star Control won't work...

Does anyone have a full list?

I know there is some variance with each of the Atgames sega releases, this is the 81 built in games 2017 model.

:)

I just picked this up last night cheap with my GF because we just moved and wanted some quick 2 player Mortal Kombat lolz...

anyhow, ANY help would be most appreciated!

I recall one existing in the past, or at least people knocking off complaints on some web forum about stuff that didn't play nice.

I can't speak to the 2017 version, but the one the year or two before with MK1-3 highlighted back to the first with SD cards on the handheld would not play Contra at all, and I'd think the cartridge based one would fail as well being the same poor emulator. The background of stage one fails to move so you can't see holes and stuff that'll kill you. Also other than the last couple years with specific hacked games for it, SRAM games fail to work too if you care to keep your progress as the battery won't be picked up, even on a legit cart which is just so dumb.

• Like 1

I recall one existing in the past, or at least people knocking off complaints on some web forum about stuff that didn't play nice.

I can't speak to the 2017 version, but the one the year or two before with MK1-3 highlighted back to the first with SD cards on the handheld would not play Contra at all, and I'd think the cartridge based one would fail as well being the same poor emulator. The background of stage one fails to move so you can't see holes and stuff that'll kill you. Also other than the last couple years with specific hacked games for it, SRAM games fail to work too if you care to keep your progress as the battery won't be picked up, even on a legit cart which is just so dumb.

Hmm, that is dumb. But like I stated this was just a quick cheap purchase for fun with my GF last night. I saw the list you are speaking about, but it only had a few: let me try to locate it.

also, thank you for the input!

here is the best list I can find thus far:

"If it's the home console, say (Date), home

If it's the handheld, say (Date), handheld
If it's the HD Flashback, say Flashback or HD

Compatibility List:
*Note: Any model, but the HD Flashback, can't save. So any games with batteries will not save, requiring you to play in one sitting or never turn the console off. HD Flashback can save games.*
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Works (2013, home)
Mortal Kombat - Works, but crashes when fading out of the Game Over screen. (2013, home)
Tazmania - Works (2013, home)
Puyo Puyo 2 - Works (2013, home)
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Not Working This is an issue with all at@Games consoles. The way the emulator reads cartridges makes it impossible to recognize Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It will either only read Sonic 3 or only Sonic & Knuckles. There's a slight chance it will read both together, but it's very slim and usually requires messing with the cartridge.
Street Fighter II Turbo - Works, but doesn't recognize 6 button pad (2017, home)
Genesis 6-Pak - Works (2017, home)
Zombies ate my Neighbors - Works (2017, home)
TMNT Hyperstone Heist - Works (2017, home)
Mortal Kombat 2 - Works (2017, home)
Mortal Kombat 3 - Works (2017, home)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Works (2017, home)"

via https://gbatemp.net/threads/at-games-genesis-compatibility-list.503465/

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello

I have the sega mega drive flashback (2018 version, so has an sd card slot). 

Despite it having a cartridge slot not a single cartridge I have tried (10 in total!) works- I get the “loading cartridge” message but then nothing happens.

has anyone had this issue? 

Is the cartridge slot only compatible with “Genesis” not “mega drive” cartridges perhaps?

many thanks 

• 1 month later...

I can't speak to the Mega Drive issue, but I have notice my 2018 Genesis Flashback is very finicky about carts.  Maybe about half of them work.  These are carts that work just fine on a regular Genesis, and their ROMS work just fine loading from the SD cart.  As such, it's a minor annoyance.  I've just accepted that the cart slot isn't worth messing with for this unit.