IGNORED

Amoeba Jump

Dionoid

Okay... for those who want the short answer: the problem is with your TV.

---(cut)---

Lag test results (see this page for a breakdown of where these would rank):
Panasonic BT-LH2550 9.8ms
Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 10.9ms
Dell U2104 27.3ms
Sony 48W600B (Game Mode) 29.4ms
LG 24LF454B (Game Mode) 30.8ms
LG 24LF454B (Standard Mode) 31.2ms
Sony KDL-46XBR2 (Game Mode) 33.4ms
Sony KDL-46XBR2 (Standard Mode) 46.5ms
---(cut)---

Thanks for sorting this out, Nathan! I have a Sony Bravia TV and putting it in Game scene mode really helped with lowering the lag.

I think the lag is now down to 2 frames, which makes Amoeba Jump playable again on the Retron 77!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Albert said:

I've started building games for the Portland Retro Gaming Expo!  Amoeba Jump has the honor of being the first game I've soldered.  Here's a bin with 51 completed boards (50 copies to sell and one to demo!)  :)

image.png

I could look at this picture for hours! ?  I wonder if these amoeba's multiply when you keep them together in a box.

• Like 8

On 10/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, Dionoid said:

<snip>

• Returns to the title screen if the game has ended and left idle for more than 21 seconds; this acts as an attract mode. Thanks to r_type2600 for the suggestion!
    Note: I know some people like to take pictures of their high-score, so I thought 21 seconds should be sufficient for that ?

<snip>

Not sure if you're still making updates to this game, but instead of putting a 21 second limit on how long people have to take a pic of their high score, maybe just add the score to the attract mode?

12 hours ago, Love Cowboy said:

Not sure if you're still making updates to this game, but instead of putting a 21 second limit on how long people have to take a pic of their high score, maybe just add the score to the attract mode?

Your highscore is shown at the start of each new game, just a few seconds after the game starts - as long as you don't move and your score is still 0.

About making updates: the game's 4K ROM is fully used, so there's no space left to add anything. And production has already started ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Love Cowboy said:

Don't be shocked if that score doesn't hold up either... we've been pushing each other to ridiculous scores this year. Btw... how many digits does the score display hold?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

They crushed by personal highscore of 21K !

The score can go up to 99,999 so Jeff Smith is about half way there.

Make sure to make a screenshot of what happens when you roll the score! 

My highest is just over 60,000. What I love about this game is whenever I lose I know it is my fault, have never blamed the game once. When I first started playing I had the disappearing platform get me a few times but once you learn the scroll limits it is hardly ever a problem.
I'm with you on it never being the game's fault. The thing that trips me up is when one of the launchers launches me into a dead area and I realize too late that my only hope was to wrap around the screen

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2019 is getting close, and so is the official cart-release of Amoeba Jump!

I don't have a bucket-list, but if I had one, it would certainly contain "- Make an Atari 2600 game and get it released on physical cartridge and with a nice box" 

Thanks to Albert and Nathan for making one of my dreams come true. You guys rock!

I'm planning on going the PRGE next year in 2020, so it would be nice to meet some AtariAge friends then!

Here is a peek at the box for Amoeba Jump. Nathan Strum's artwork caught the spirit of the game very well.

68655271_10220618744562823_8750620652962054144_n.thumb.jpg.163015152a0239a728988534bef09c0f.jpg68727767_10220618744322817_4366069530397507584_n.thumb.jpg.f3549937e5d28d3cdc402466c70b9987.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, Dionoid said:

I'm planning on going the PRGE next year in 2020, so it would be nice to meet some AtariAge friends then!

That'll be great if you can make it next year!  PRGE is such a blast, and a very well run show.  I always wish I could fully explore the show, but it's tough when you're running your own booth. 

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it next year as the show is going to be August 14th-16th, two months earlier than usual.  That could be very close to a vacation, and if that ends up being the case, it's going to be tough for me to juggle the two.  Might not be impossible, but that will definitely provide some new challenges.

..Al

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

August is also not very convenient for me. Bummer.

@Albert: do you also sell PAL cartridges on your booth at PRGE? Or is it NTSC only?

Sorry to hear that as far as August goes.  I wonder if this change in dates will affect attendance at all.

I do not sell PAL cartridges at the show since 99% of the attendees are from the US or Canada.  I have made PAL carts for people who have let me know in advance they would be at the show and the specific games they were interested in.

..Al

• Like 1