IGNORED

Keyboard and Mouse gadget for couch use?

Razzie.P

So I finally decided to roll up the sleeves and take the 5 minutes required to plug my PC into my HD TV so I can play games on "da big screen" in my comfy couch. Working out pretty great, so far, since the games I've been playing are cool with using an XBox One controller. But it's a bit of a pain to have to stand up and walk back to the computer desk whenever a mouse/keyboard command is needed. So --

You guys have any recommendations for a small mouse/keyboard substitute type of gadget (wireless, if possible) that I can use to control normal windows functions from the comfort of my couch?

Thanks in advance for any info!

I've tried gyro mice, those little bean-shaped controllers with rubbery keypads, even that xbox 360 chatpad custom driver.

Nothing comes even close to the logitech k400.

It's worth noting that the k400 and k400r are not equals.

K400r's have software with odd troubles disabling edge swipes in win10, lack k400's handy volume/mute, and the f-keys default to oddball android functions.

A k400r is still better than other options, but an older k400 is ideal. Last time, I had a heck of a time with ordering k400's and getting k400r's instead.

Edited by Reaperman

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the K400. I have the mini keyboards below, but always go back to my K400.

I'm sure some people can operate this with one hand, but I have to use two hands with this and using my thumb on the touchpad is imprecise.

61q3s_TYqu0_L._SL1024.jpg

I sit about 5' from my second TV, which is 40". The wireless mouse function (sensitivity adjustable) requires big arm movements to get to the top corner of the screen and it's easy to overshoot the boxes there. And the arrow keys are either too slow or too fast to make precise movements. The only functions that I use on this are the volume and the OK button for mouse clicks (to pause and start videos). It's also super sensitive to movement, so when you put it down, the cursor will usually move.

71_El6t_Ch_D7_L._SL1500.jpg

Edited by lingyi

• 1 year later...

Honestly, I think it's too much hassle. Usually when you fix a cable they will need to change the entire cable, they will probably put something cheap, it might break again or interfere with the DPI.

I think getting a new mouse is the way to go here.

I don't know what your budget is. But a good 50$-$55 option is the Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L combo RGB. It comes with an RGB Mouse(Omron 10M Switch) and Keyboard. The RGB on that Keyboard is even one of the best ones I've ever seen including repeat rate Adjustment (Normal 1X and Turbo 8X). It's defo worth its price.