Berkeley Microsystems made the BMS-100 ASCI to SCSI adapter for the ST. They were in business from 1980 to 1988 so this RAM card could be another of their products.

LOL. Back in the early 2000's when I bought my first ST, I used the BMS-100! I had the HDD's set up in an old IBM PS/2 desktop case. I remember needing the boot-disk for floppy drive 1 too. I also used a SCSI Zip drive with it too.

Edited by Gunstar

here is an unbranded 32k board using 16x 4116 chips. I obtained it inside a 400 but sadly it doesnt work.

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

Maplin Electronics also did a ram upgrade for the 400 but all I remember is it had some soldering involved, it wasn't tremendously popular from memory (no pun intended). I threw out my catalogue collection long ago so don't have more info.

19 hours ago, xrbrevin said:

here is an unbranded 32k board using 16x 4116 chips. I obtained it inside a 400 but sadly it doesnt work.

Interesting. Maybe someone else has seen one like it before.

Have you tried doing anything to get it working? There's a lot of solder on those chips that might develop a problem...

On 12/2/2018 at 3:53 PM, BillC said:

I have a 400 with this version, but I prefer the Mosaic upgrade that give access to all 64k via bank switching.

Mosaic 64K: https://www.atariarchives.org/creativeatari/The_Mosaic_64K_RAM_Card.php

The closest I have seen is tf_hh's 48/52KB card(non-commercial), it doesn't include the Mosaic's bank switching circuitry but it does include a socket for an alternate OS. The good news is this upgrade is still available by contacting tf_hh.

"tf_hh's" 48/52KB card: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267042-new-hardware-atari-400-ram-card-4852-kb-external-os-rom/

Wow a 64K support Atari 400?   That sounds amazing.  I picked up a heavily modified Atari 400 in a retro store a few months back and it had 32K in it, but wanted to make it a bit more usable.  :D

And thank you for mentioning tf_hh's 48/52K board.   Reasonable product, checking to see if he has any more in stock.

I took pictures of a prototype board I had of a MyIde I got from Mr. Atari for the Atari 800 which later helped lead to the MyIde II which was sold by Atarimax.com.   Realized that was more of a hard drive interface than a memory board.

And took pictures of a WareRat 64K XL ram expansion board for the Atari 800 that I believe helped with the Incogneto concept.   And the Incogneto (and later re-releases) were simply amazing on what it could help an Atari 800 do.  Did they ever make a 400 version I wonder?  

In the end I think the line between what was commercial and what was developed by "fans" for numerous other "fans" kinda blurs after a while.

3 hours ago, MrFish said:

Interesting. Maybe someone else has seen one like it before.

Have you tried doing anything to get it working? There's a lot of solder on those chips that might develop a problem...

i plan to do an AV mod to the machine first, then i will tinker with the 32k board. i will reflow all contacts and if that fails i will desolder the ICs and test them in a (socketed) 16k board

shouldnt be too complicated to get it running, no other mods are needed on a 400 unless you exceed 32k.