IGNORED

2018 Homebrew Tournament - Draconian - Round 2

It's a start:) What an amazing port, thank you SpiceWare!

Thank you!

Samples - I know its supposed to be 'alert', or is it 'alive'? In my head its 'Allah' :) Awesome retro goodness

The speech from the arcade machine is difficult to understand as well. In Draconian's manual we list them as this:

Your space fighter is equipped with an advanced on-board SMART ASSISTANT (or ‘SMARTASS’ for short) which will verbally inform you of combat conditions:

• BLAST OFF!–- You’ve entered a new sector and are ready for action!
  • ALERT! ALERT!–- Enemy in vicinity.
  • BATTLE STATIONS!–- Enemy formation is heading towards you.
  • SPY SHIP SIGHTED!–- SPY SHIP in vicinity.
  • CONDITION RED!–- The enemy is sending their entire attack fleet after you! Run away!

ALERT! ALERT! is listed at Wiki, while StrategyWiki has ALARM! ALARM! or Alive! Alive!.

The samples used in Draconian were converted from the Arcade samples, so it's a case of "garbage in garbage out". Even though they're hard to understand, each phrase is distinct enough that you'll learn what they are over time.

If I wasn't hip-deep in other games right now, I'd take a shot at this. But man... 300K? I don't think I could even get near that.

I'm using a Nes Advantage joystick modded to work on the Atari 7800.

I think it helps a lot because my hands don't get tired, it's great for Draconinan and much better than any d-pad controller.

In Draconian, it's good to keep moving, changing directions all the time.

Unfortunately I broke my last CX-40 some time ago...

By the way, I'm enjoying your game reviews, keep playing and reviewing all homebrews.

I discovered Missile Command TB hack in your reviews and tried the game with stella and a modern trackball (kensington). It was very refreshing to play it again. Missle Command on Atari came with my console and it was the very first game I played in my life!

I'm using a Nes Advantage joystick modded to work on the Atari 7800.

I think it helps a lot because my hands don't get tired, it's great for Draconinan and much better than any d-pad controller.

In Draconian, it's good to keep moving, changing directions all the time.

Unfortunately I broke my last CX-40 some time ago...

By the way, I'm enjoying your game reviews, keep playing and reviewing all homebrews.

I discovered Missile Command TB hack in your reviews and tried the game with stella and a modern trackball (kensington). It was very refreshing to play it again. Missle Command on Atari came with my console and it was the very first game I played in my life!

Speaking in Missile Command for the Atari 2600, check out the 2018 Mid-Year Stats in "What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)"

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273838-what-have-you-actually-played-tracker-for-2018-season-11/?p=4062587

And guess who spent HOURS playing Missile Command? ME, using my Atari console. I had more fun playing this classic game.

Edited by oyamafamily