IGNORED

gravity snake

xxl

I'm upgrading all my machines to make sure it won't work on any of them 
Such short sighted development! Don't get me wrong this is entirely@xxl's choice and he has every right to code only for stock systems if he so desires. But now it will cost him sales by doing so it seems like a pretty bloody stupid thing to do.

I have a history of buying physical releases for retro machines even when they are also released as free downloads as I believe development should be rewarded. But I am damn sure I ain't buying something deliberately coded not to work on my hardware because the coder does not like expanded machines because reasons. 

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

if u1mb will not hang when accessing PIA duplicate registers, the game will run on such modified computers. It has been repeated so many times. come back a few pages earlier and don't litter the thread again.

Thank you for the comments of people who are not interested in buying the game, and please do not cover up the post that checks the demand for people who would like to buy the game. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if u1mb will not hang when accessing PIA duplicate registers, the game will run on such modified computers. It has been repeated so many times. come back a few pages earlier and don't litter the thread again.

Thank you for the comments of people who are not interested in buying the game, and please do not cover up the post that checks the demand for people who would like to buy the game. Thank you.
I thought I made is clear@xxl I like the game and would certainly buy it. But since you made it not work on my hardware there would be little point in doing so don't you think?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxl said:

I would like to check if there is any interest in purchasing physical copy of extended version of Gravity Worms game, released on cartridge.
The game would be releas by Retronics, it works on PAL and NTSC machines (Atari XL/XE), and there will be also a nice suprise for some PokeyMAX owners.
Unfortunately, it is not compatible with machines having U1MB installed. See above why.
We are not going to release a free version of the game, price will depend on demand and will be calculated later.
If anyone is interested in it, please send an e-mail with subject "interested" to xxl@atari.pl till the end of the month, information about purchase will be send to interested people in the nearest future.

What will be added to this extended version?

Is there a possibility of selling cart + manual only (no box or other items)? If so, I'd probably be interested.

write an e-mail with these comments (cartridge without box). so far I am counting the interest to estimate the cost and quantity of cartridges.

17 minutes ago, MrFish said:

What will be added to this extended version?

1.a lot of bugs fixed,
2. extended background display system (items may obscure the background)
3. improved graphics
4. each planet has its own musical background
4. a surprise for POKEY MAX users ...

Edited by xxl
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, xxl said:

write an e-mail with these comments (cartridge without box). so far I am counting the interest to estimate the cost and quantity of cartridges.

Sent

8 minutes ago, xxl said:

1.a lot of bugs fixed,
2. extended background display system (items may obscure the background)
3. improved graphics
4. each planet has its own musical background
4. a surprise for POKEY MAX users ...

Sounds cool. Any screenshots available?

20 minutes ago, Philsan said:

I would gladly buy your game too but I have U1MB installed.

I'd prefer to say 'I wouldn't buy your game even if I didn't have U1MB installed owing to your attitude towards those who do', but hopefully the market itself will ensure that stupidity and spite aren't rewarded too highly. :)

• Like 4

It's ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY to code the game to not work by exploiting U1MB expansion characteristic and then write "unfortunately, it's not compatible", while in 1 minute he could make the game work.

Although I own U1MB-free Atari, because of such attitude, I don't care about xxl's productions with such feature, not to mention buying one.

Using talents to divide Atari scene or trying to be the judge of "cosher" Atari hardware is evil.

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

the game is aimed at the collectors' market.

there will be only one edition of the box series. copies will be numbered and will be distributed in the order of incoming e-mails.
the purchase of a cartridge without a reservation will be possible if someone from the list finally resigns from the purchase.

the list of interests will be closed at the end of the month.

E.T. had a very poor reputation for gameplay, it was hailed as the worst game of all time, while GravityWorms was recognized as the best game of 2019 (Best homebrew) as well as won first place in the SV2019 games competition. On the other hand, the reputation of the game is being spoiled by several people for political reasons ?

Funny guy, starts a crusade of self-appointed Atari expansion-certification council, divides software users to better and worse, then complains when people unmask his true intensions.
And how nicely he confuses unfortunately with deliberately "not working on U1MB".

Nothing new in history, that smart and talented people can be so antisocial playing their hidden agendas.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, zbyti said:

I leave my sarcasm away for the moment ;)

I know that discussion with @xxl it's kind of sport, I done that already and it's pointless.

Let him do his job and any of us who can make stuff let do our job and fill the gap in the wall ;)

Since people don't get any amusement from non-working games, they start funny discussions. And I have to admit: I have the popcorn ready. 

Edited by Marius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...