A lot of new content is coming to the game. The team has been joined by:

POKEY Music: @Poison
GFX: @TIX

sample tiles in the attachment ... ?

Bravo gentlemen.

image.png.d55886d2ec7ccf5c34f55241d94b290c.png

Edited by xxl
  • Like 13

The new graphics are certainly an improvement IMO, the graphics that the released version has make it oftentimes very difficult to distinguish foreground tiles (i.e. active) from background ones. Well done to @TIX and also to @xxl for persisting in improving this nice game :).

Edited by ggn

The graphics by TIX were really a benefit. 

But I wonder about the sound. 

The AY/YM board could sound like real music, but people prefer that low sounding.  

It's okay, but...

Why has POKEY always to sound like a crimped scrotum?

Why no low sounding tune for Pokey?

1 hour ago, emkay said:

Why has POKEY always to sound like a crimped scrotum?

Why no low sounding tune for Pokey?

after all, you haven't heard new music on POKEY in the game yet ... the sounds you hear will shock you, and in an instant they will take you to the happiest moments you have experienced. fat bass, solos, almost mystical tastes ... as if baby Jesus would touch your ears with his bare feet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, xxl said:

after all, you haven't heard new music on POKEY in the game yet ... the sounds you hear will shock you, and in an instant they will take you to the happiest moments you have experienced. fat bass, solos, almost mystical tastes ... as if baby Jesus would touch your ears with his bare feet.

I'll take your words :)

On 3/11/2021 at 8:58 AM, xxl said:

Another musician for AY / YM joined the band - after inserting the SONari card you will be able to choose the music for YM2149 / AY-3-8910

Wow - that is some amazing sound! Would be cool to support SONari in emulation. Is documentation in English available? Mostly how it is mapped...

the demonstration with the player (and the source code) is ready and just waiting for the editor's publication (yes, there is a music editor with SONari support) ... it was supposed to be yesterday but there is a delay.

a big surprise is coming ?

Edited by xxl
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, xxl said:

the demonstration with the player (and the source code) is ready and just waiting for the editor's publication (yes, there is a music editor with SONari support) ... it was supposed to be yesterday but there is a delay.

a big surprise is coming ?

I love Surprise :)

5 minutes ago, danwinslow said:

I'm fascinated with how much focus you guys put on the sound tracks for things. I mostly find them annoying, especially if they play constantly throughout the game. That's just me, though.

The annoying part turns in, if a tune is too short or always the same sound style. 

"i'll design hardware anti-xxl protection that will actually display that guru meditation screen just to proove the point

this is now personal, and you are free to walk away"

2 hours ago, Jacques said:

I can't imagine any bigger surprise than Gravity Worms working on U1MB/Incognito-equipped Atari ?

direct such requests to a different address. I'm not going to bypass someone else's security system ?

@danwinslowso.. you like silence while playing ... a matter of taste. you would love my second ex wife.