IGNORED

gravity snake

xxl

2 hours ago, emkay said:

The annoying part turns in, if a tune is too short or always the same sound style. 

Two games come to my mind: Black Lamp, which had a great song... that got you bored after 10 minutes. 

The second is Draconus, which background "music" never distracted nor ended up being annoying.

Anyway, adding the option to turn music on/off would be cool.

- Yautja, the all seer -

19 minutes ago, Yautja said:

Two games come to my mind: Black Lamp, which had a great song... that got you bored after 10 minutes. 

The second is Draconus, which background "music" never distracted nor ended up being annoying.

Anyway, adding the option to turn music on/off would be cool.

- Yautja, the all seer -

I'm more about some ingame music that might appear in about 40 years (following the speed of development cumulation of POKEY programming).  

• Haha 1

I find music that fades in and out or can be turned off is always a great idea. If it just plays the music sometimes instead of all the time, it can add to the game. certain things could trigger it to restart to add excitement, or quiet it to add tension for the mood of of a section of a level.

41 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I find music that fades in and out or can be turned off is always a great idea. If it just plays the music sometimes instead of all the time, it can add to the game. certain things could trigger it to restart to add excitement, or quiet it to add tension for the mood of of a section of a level.

Certain things could trigger the music playing - like they did in Pitfall II or Snokie? Nooooooooo!

I prefer music in the titlescreen or on the startpage, but only sfx in the game. If there is music in the game it should either be so calm that you do not notice it (like e.g. in Star Vagrant) or there should be an option to switch music off (and therefore switch on sfx).

1 hour ago, emkay said:

I'm more about some ingame music that might appear in about 40 years (following the speed of development cumulation of POKEY programming).  

I hope you're wrong on this one - I'll be long gone in 40 years.  There's been some great progress on this front the last few months at least.

56 minutes ago, danwinslow said:

I would think we've cumulated as much as is possible on POKEY by now.

we have made great progress, but it wasn't practical with the tools we had, the tools are being brought up to speed giving artists hope to actually get some better results without giving their hair, sanity, and blood to do so. The world is a bit better now.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, xxl said:
Snakebird is more advanced than GravitySnake - I had to rewrite almost the entire collision system.
Added:
- background blocks (no interaction with them)
- throw moving objects behind the screen
- headworms - active has open eyes, the other eyes are closed
- You can pick up items on which the second player stands and pick up the player who pick up items

look at: 10m25s

Snakebird is a very hard game. Are you using the same levels?

This above is from the early period of game development, and in fact several levels are very similar - those that seemed to me interestingly designed puzzles, later the game enriched with elements that are not present in SnakeBird and I had to resort to ideas from other games, ? There is even a level creator for GS on PC.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...