IGNORED

Introducing Project PEGASUS at PRGE and RetroWorldExpo 2018...

For those attending this year's PRGE or RetroWorld Expo, here is something to look forward from Opcode Games... :)

After years of investment and hard work, we are almost ready to show the culmination of our efforts and vision. Project Pegasus represents a new and exciting take on classic gaming. Tired of trademark holders trying to scam you with vaporware consoles? Come check and play project Pegasus* during this year Portland Retro Gaming Expo and RetroWord Expo.

EDIT: codename changed to Pegasus, so people don't go crazy assuming this has anything to do with a certain nasty group or something....

post-1432-0-75362200-1530469506_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Okay.

What is it?

It is a new advanced 8bit console from Opcode Games. Details to be shared during the events.

But I can tell you what it isn’t. It isn’t an emulator, Raspberry, FPGA or multi system box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have to wait until October? Why create the thread today? You're just inviting a bunch of Retroblox style speculation and doubt. :lol:

I suppose it is ok to invite people in advance to try the system, so we get some anticipation. Prototypes will be available to play, so I guess we can manage a couple of months of speculation and doubt. :)

I suppose it is ok to invite people in advance to try the system, so we get some anticipation. Prototypes will be available to play, so I guess we can manage a couple of months of speculation and doubt. :)

Well, doubt may have been a strong word on my part. It's not emulation and it's not an FPGA.

So I'll open the bidding with something totally wild: "it's built with Z80 CPUs that have been harvested from discarded Master Systems and old Japanese computers". :lol:

"advanced 8bit"? Isn't that contradictory terminology? Would what make an 8bit system released today be "advanced"? When the major players wanted to advance beyond 8bit, they moved to 16bit and etc..

Today, yes. Back in the day, the ColecoVision was advanced. The 5200 was advanced. The NES was then advanced. And so on. We are positioning for something as advanced as possible circa 1986, so that from a 1986 point of view it is advanced. And still 8 bits. If that makes sense

• Like 2

. We are positioning for something as advanced as possible circa 1986, so that from a 1986 point of view it is advanced. And still 8 bits. If that makes sense

Well, if you were making deliveries to 1986, sure. That would make perfect sense. Are you? That would be awesome! :o So the debut is actually going to be at CES 1986, and newly found footage will surface in the present.

Well, if you were making deliveries to 1986, sure. That would make perfect sense. Are you? That would be awesome! :o So the debut is actually going to be at CES 1986, and newly found footage will surface in the present.

You got the spirit! ;)

LOL. Are the people behind this thing aware of the other Project VERITAS?

No, we weren't. It has been changed so you can feel better. Veritas in Latin means truth, that was the only reason behind the codename..

Is it still backward compatible with coleco vision cartridges?

It isn’t, thus the different codename. The retro gaming scene is in a very turbulent state right now. The days of abandonware are over. Trademark holders are now watching us with great commercial interest. The ColecoVision scene in particular is too crowded, with multiple ColecoVision compatible consoles under development. It doesn’t help the CV trademark holder acts very unfriendly towards us too. Last few years were very stressful, and I am just too burned out to want any more drama. So I want to do my own thing.

While trademark holders are aiming the mass market, I am more interested on the true retro gaming enthusiasts that have been following us for years.

• Like 2

Today, yes. Back in the day, the ColecoVision was advanced. The 5200 was advanced. The NES was then advanced. And so on. We are positioning for something as advanced as possible circa 1986, so that from a 1986 point of view it is advanced. And still 8 bits. If that makes sense

I'll be there for the Portland Retro Gaming Expo! So this will fit into the time segment with the MSX2, Sega Mark III, Sharp X1 Turbo Z, NEC 8801 mkII SR, Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128, Nintendo FC Disk System, Nintendo MMC1, and Commodore 128

I'll be there for the Portland Retro Gaming Expo! So this will fit into the time segment with the MSX2, Sega Mark III, Sharp X1 Turbo Z, NEC 8801 mkII SR, Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128, Nintendo FC Disk System, Nintendo MMC1, and Commodore 128

Something in between the Sega Master System and the PC Engine, but more Atari era game focused.

For those not attending, I hope a "press kit" of some sort will be posted here. Something to show the tentative games like the early Atari catalogs would be great.

Troy

Hi Troy,

Yeah, sure. We are working on some sort of folder, will post here after RWX. :)

We have surprises...

Ted Mayer, the designer behind for the Intellivision II and III look, has joined the team and is now designing the case, cartridge and joystick for our console. The console official name is OPCODE OMNI.

post-1432-0-18866500-1532113268.jpg

• Like 1