IGNORED

Season 7 ~ Bronze Medal Bracket

Vocelli

Bronze Medal Bracket

Season 7

CLARIFICATION: No use of CHEATS, emulation advantages, bugs, cart frying or other variables that gives you an unfair advantage in this HSC. Please assume you have to follow the game difficulty and mode for the playing week/s. There cannot be any game enhancements or favorite settings to play in the 2600 HSC, unless you are given authorization to do so by your humble yet strict MODERATOR! Vocelli

The Finals Start Aug 10 ~ 3 games will be choosen. Win 2 Games to be Crowned the WINNER!

If there is a tie... 1 More game will be choosen for a one week winner takes all.

You MUST post NEW scores for your game... NO OLD SCORES!

WINNER!!! KEILBACA BRONZE Metal Bracket!

KEILBACA will get to pick a game for Season 8! I will be in touch.

21) Keilbaca ~

Playing: 18410 Tunnel Runner Game 1 WINNER

Playing: 58100 Wizard of Wor Game 1

Playing: 36270 Worm War I Game 1 A/B WINNER

Vs

19) SneakyTurtleEgg ~

Playing: 00000 Tunnel Runner Game 1

Playing: 64100 Wizard of Wor Game 1 WINNER

Playing: 17875 Worm War I Game 1 A/B

The Finals Start August 10 and Ends Aug 26 at Midnight EST

Post your scores right here in this thread, and we will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else.

24) Atarian7 ~

Vs

21) Keilbaca ~ 13840 WINNER

Playing: Seawolf

Winner will Advance to the Finals!

23) AGB ~ 5950 CONCEDED

Vs

19) SneakyTurtleEgg ~ 115000 WINNER

Playing: River Raid II (Game 1 A/B)

Winner will Advance to the Finals!

ROUND 2 Starts July 27 and Ends Aug 5 at Midnight EST

Post your scores right here in this thread, and we will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else.

17) AtariWarlord ~ 18707

Vs

24) Atarian7 ~ 23645 WINNER!

Playing: Death Trap (Game X Normal)

Winner will play the winner of 20v21

20) Karok ~ 18700

Vs

21) Keilbaca ~ 19650 WINNER!

Playing: Space Chase (Game 1 A/A)

Winner will play the winner of 17v24

18) Nads ~ 114000

Vs

23) AGB ~ 159000 WINNER!

Playing: Battlezone (Game 1)

Winner will play the winner of 19v22

19) SneakyTurtle Egg ~ 142 WINNER!

Vs

22) HankR ~ 136

Playing: Shark Attack (Game 1)

Winner will play the winner of 18v23

ROUND 1 Starts July 13 and Ends July 22 at Midnight EST

Games Left

Burger Time (Game 1)

Frostbite (Game 1)

Commando Raid (Game 1)

Porky’s (Game 1)

Footbag from California Games

Eggomania (Game 1)

Pele’s Soccer (Game 52)

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 3

Pretty amazing how the HSC developed in the last couple of years. When I started playing here, a constant, but mediocre participation easily got you into the Gold/Silver brackets. These days, it's just enough to end up in the Bronze bracket ranks.

Not that I find that bad, quite to the contrary. Many players, and many good ones as well. The contest is going strong, I'd say.

• Like 6

Pretty amazing how the HSC developed in the last couple of years. When I started playing here, a constant, but mediocre participation easily got you into the Gold/Silver brackets. These days, it's just enough to end up in the Bronze bracket ranks.

Not that I find that bad, quite to the contrary. Many players, and many good ones as well. The contest is going strong, I'd say.

And many HSC champions played only a few rounds or were completly out! icon_surprised.gif

Toymailman, JacobZu7zu7zu, Captain Classic, Gorfy and NorthCoastGamer!

• Like 3

I felt my ears burning. Did someone mention my name?

Hi gang, good to see the HSC going strong!

I miss this place and hope to get back into it next season.

Have fun and good luck to all in the brackets competition!

• Like 4

I was thinking the same thing. I've been super busy this year, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and play in the HSC like I normally do. I'm glad I made it in at all.

I'm super, super happy that this is gaining traction. There were some pretty abysmal years for participation. Great to see everyone back at it.

• Like 1

We are set!

To make this more fun.... PLEASE post as often as you can.

TRY... every time you beat your opponents score... post it! It just makes it more fun this way.

Try not to save a score for the last 15 minutes on the last day.... It takes all the fun out of this.

Follow all the game settings that were followed during the regular season

DO NOT post old scores... must be a new score.

If there is a tie.... you both advance

Please CONCEDE when you feel you have had enough

Thanks!

YOU MAY START PLAYING NOW!

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 1

Shark Attack: 999 Rollage

I hated for this to happen so early in the week, but I rolled Shark Attack. I know it is not a great game or is very competitive, but I am assuming a few things lined up for it to happen. I think a bit more luck was needed than skill. I got to a point where the shark didn't come out. Has anybody else in the AA 2600 HSC done this before? This was the first A2600 game I rolled. It would be cool if KaeruYojimbo could add me to the HSC Online Database if this is good. I did it using my Analogue NT Mini/Hyperkin Scout SNES controller/Late model Philips CRT via component. It is the same rig I use for all of our HSC games. Vocelli, let me know if this is going to count and if you need clarification about anything.

post-40283-0-46866700-1531576708_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sneakyturtleegg
  • Like 1

Shark Attack: 999 Rollage

I hated for this to happen so early in the week, but I rolled Shark Attack. I know it is not a great game or is very competitive, but I am assuming a few things lined up for it to happen. I think a bit more luck was needed than skill. I got to a point where the shark didn't come out. Has anybody else in the AA 2600 HSC done this before? This was the first A2600 game I rolled. It would be cool if KaeruYojimbo could add me to the HSC Online Database if this is good. I did it using my Analogue NT Mini/Hyperkin Scout SNES controller/Late model Philips CRT via component. It is the same rig I use for all of our HSC games. Vocelli, let me know if this is going to count and if you need clarification about anything.

Great to see someone else Roll this too!

I did ask the question in the earlier rounds for this see link below

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/279585-season-7-weeks-22-and-23-summer-fun/page-3

I posted 2 videos in there, I’d curious to see which type of Rollage you had?

Great to see someone else Roll this too!

I did ask the question in the earlier rounds for this see link below

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/279585-season-7-weeks-22-and-23-summer-fun/page-3

I posted 2 videos in there, I’d curious to see which type of Rollage you had?

Vocelli, please do not count or use my rollage score.

Nads,

Thanks for posting a link to your video. I would say they way I rolled it was with some discovery on my own and with some luck, as I never played this game up to this point. It took me about 2.5 hours to get familiar with the game and to have it happen. When I first started, I was just collecting the diamonds and not exactly sure what to do. Then I went to atarimania.com to read the manual. During one of my early games, I noticed the diamond counter would rapidly increase for a brief moment when i was going for one of the diamonds on the right half of the screen. It would happen intermittently and i would end up with a quick 3-7 diamonds. I kept starting over again to try and duplicate this. I learned to approach it slow, coming at a target diamond from the side or bottom. There is a pixel perfect detection box, but when you are in the exact spot, you can get up to 99 diamonds very rapidly. Your video perfectly illustrates this. After the first load of about 90 diamonds, the shark picks up significant speed and comes at you very fast. His pattern seems very random and makes the game very tough. When Nessie comes out, you have to go in one of the caves which are at the 4 corners of the screen. During my rollage game, Nessie came out and I made it to one of the caves in a corner. I went into the caves several times to try and stop Nessie. She ended up getting stuck in one of the walls and just a few pixels away from one of the diamonds. I was able to clear as many boards as I wanted with Nessie stuck in the wall and the shark not coming out. I have no idea how I did this and don't think I could duplicate it. I actually rolled over 999. I eventually got it back to 999 and then killed myself by running into the stuck Nessie, which was partially in the field of play. I didn't do this intentionally, but it was cool to do it and probably one of the few ways to roll the game. That shark is too random and fast to roll the game the way the designer intended. I see that Vocelli didn't allow your score to stand in HSC, so neither should mine. :( I'll keep playing the rest of the week and post a proper score.

Edited by Sneakyturtleegg
  • Like 3

Nads,

Thanks for posting a link to your video. I would say they way I rolled it was with some discovery on my own and with some luck, as I never played this game up to this point. It took me about 2.5 hours to get familiar with the game and to have it happen. When I first started, I was just collecting the diamonds and wasn't exactly sure what to do. Then I went to atarimania.com to read the manual. During one of my early games, i noticed the diamond counter would rapidly increase for a brief moment when i was going for one of the diamonds on the right half of the screen. It would happen intermittently and i would end up with a quick 3-7 diamonds. I kept starting over again to try and duplicate this. I learned to approach it slow, coming at a target diamond from the side or bottom. There is a pixel perfect detection box, but when you are in the exact spot, you can get up to 99 diamonds very rapidly. Your video perfectly illustrates this. After the first load of about 90 diamonds, the shark picks up significant speed and comes at you very fast. His pattern seems very random and makes the game very tough. When Nessie starts coming out, you have to go in one of the caves which are at the 4 corners of the screen. Often, I had to go into a cave several times in a row in order to get Nessie to stop and bring the shark back out. During my rollage game, Nessie came out and I made it to one of the caves in a corner. I went into the caves several times to try and stop Nessie. She ended up getting stuck in one of the walls and just a few pixels away from one of the diamonds. I was able to clear as many boards as I wanted with Nessie stuck in the wall and the shark not coming out. I have no idea how I did this and don't think I could duplicate it. I actually rolled over 999. I eventually got it back to 999 and then killed myself by running into the stuck Nessie, which was partially in the field of play. I didn't do this intentionally, but it was cool to do it and probably one of the few ways to roll the game. That shark is too damn random and fast to roll the game the way the designer intended. I see that Vocelli didn't allow your score to stand in HSC, so neither should mine. :( I'll keep playing the rest of the week and post a proper score.

At the end of the Day you can still say you Rolled one of the Toughest Games out there!!

Your write up is excellent!!!

Good luck with the rest of the tournament :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nads,

Thanks for posting a link to your video. I would say they way I rolled it was with some discovery on my own and with some luck, as I never played this game up to this point. It took me about 2.5 hours to get familiar with the game and to have it happen. When I first started, I was just collecting the diamonds and not exactly sure what to do. Then I went to atarimania.com to read the manual. During one of my early games, I noticed the diamond counter would rapidly increase for a brief moment when i was going for one of the diamonds on the right half of the screen. It would happen intermittently and i would end up with a quick 3-7 diamonds. I kept starting over again to try and duplicate this. I learned to approach it slow, coming at a target diamond from the side or bottom. There is a pixel perfect detection box, but when you are in the exact spot, you can get up to 99 diamonds very rapidly. Your video perfectly illustrates this. After the first load of about 90 diamonds, the shark picks up significant speed and comes at you very fast. His pattern seems very random and makes the game very tough. When Nessie comes out, you have to go in one of the caves which are at the 4 corners of the screen. During my rollage game, Nessie came out and I made it to one of the caves in a corner. I went into the caves several times to try and stop Nessie. She ended up getting stuck in one of the walls and just a few pixels away from one of the diamonds. I was able to clear as many boards as I wanted with Nessie stuck in the wall and the shark not coming out. I have no idea how I did this and don't think I could duplicate it. I actually rolled over 999. I eventually got it back to 999 and then killed myself by running into the stuck Nessie, which was partially in the field of play. I didn't do this intentionally, but it was cool to do it and probably one of the few ways to roll the game. That shark is too random and fast to roll the game the way the designer intended. I see that Vocelli didn't allow your score to stand in HSC, so neither should mine. :( I'll keep playing the rest of the week and post a proper score.

Yes... Please no gliches or other means to gain a high score..... even if you didn't know about the gliches.

Happened to me on a game once... didn't know about the gliches and mistakenly posted a score.

It is about fun and skill... thanks for understanding.