IGNORED

Passing The Love for Intellivision to the next generation

I have two daughters one 18 and one 14 , my oldest is not a big fan of the Intellivision only thing she will play is the Wii. My Youngest is a big fan We have been playing since she was around 5. She has always been a fan Of Dungeons and Dragons Treasure of Tarmin . Most of the time watching me play . Well this week she really got into playing . As I was watching it took me back 30 years when i first started playing. Was so much fun . She had a great game and Maxed out all scores and weapons this was playing level 2 so not the hardest but still challenging we are now playing Level one to see if we can keep it going . This usually means i have to keep my Intellivision on overnight I hopepost-28364-0-77367100-1530650896_thumb.jpg my old power supply can handle it .

• Like 10

Always a favorite of mine as well. I can remember getting excited when I found the minotaur and running fetch my mom to see it.

She wasn't particularly interested and, at the time, I couldn't understand her lack of excitement :lolblue:

It's nice to be able to share passions with your kids so enjoy that time together.

• Like 2

@Intellifan -- that's awesome! Hope it holds up!

My youngest (now 8 ) has enjoyed all​ the various Donkey Kong incarnations (yep, even the Coleco version) and a few of the homebrews - especially Paddle Party and Ultimate Pong. The older ones are a bit to "sophisticated" to play dad's silly old games, but I'll never give up trying to get them hooked.

• Like 1

My daughter and I also Play Frog Bog it is a fun little game and it is one i always break out when playing with people who aren't familiar with Intellivision . Besides Tarmin my daughter and I play Utopia she is a big fan of Sims games on Computers and I told her Utopia is the first Sim game .

• Like 4

That's awesome! I'm surprised your 18yo still plays the Wii. My nephews (15, 13, 9) don't like anything that isn't Fortnite or Sea of Thieves. Uncle Jason, on the other hand, still appreciates the Wii. I even showed them a few pics of my Wii collection and the oldest said, "Mario and Zelda are cool. Everything else pretty much sucks." I suppose he's not too far off on that one.

My brother recently found his wife's old Atari 2600 and played with the kids a bit. They were briefly intrigued, but lost interest after a couple of hours. I should take my Intellivision over some day. I think at least my youngest nephew might appreciate it.

• Like 1