IGNORED

Looking for atr file with gtdiag (to identify version of Indus GT)

rcgldr

I don't know how to run it. It boots into a menu with no option to run any of the programs. I see file names like DIAGS and DIAGSUPP, how am I supposed to used this disk?

Looks like it autoboots into an odd version of BASIC. From the initial prompt, type:

LOAD "D:DIAGS"

RUN

I am thinking the other programs on the disk are also BASIC ones.

Yes, just boots into MS BASIC.

You can, of course, just type RUN "D:DIAGS to run it too.

I'm not sure where I got the disk from: somewhere on the forums I believe.

One of the files is just another exact copy of MS BASIC; for what reason I know not -- backup, I guess.

Edited by MrFish

Didn't work - load "d1:diags" - error 21, load "d1:diagsupp" error 19 at line 0

This is with 130XE built in basic. I don't have another basic

It won't run from Atari BASIC. It's written in MS BASIC, which is why it's included on the disk and auto boots.

Looks like it's working now. I'm not sure what the problem was before.

You most likely need to boot with internal BASIC disabled, via holding down the option key on startup. I don't know if the loader for MS BASIC is nice enough to switch it off for you.

You most likely need to boot with internal BASIC disabled, via holding down the option key on startup. I don't know if the loader for MS BASIC is nice enough to switch it off for you.

Yes, you'll get an "out of memory" error if you don't disable internal BASIC.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

My Indus GT is a bit flaky, probably heat related, since it runs OK when first powered on, then starts to get errors after 15 to 20 minutes. I did press option to disable Basic on the 130 XE during powerup, but the autoboot wasn't loading it's version of Basic. The problem went away when I turned off the Indus GT for a while and tried it again later. At least I've now confirmed I have version 1.20 firmware.

There is a field service manual around somewhere that describes how to fix a few things and how to use ťhe diag disk. Nothing at board level tho. Also a schematic is out there as well.

Ver 1.1 rom wiĺl work with ram charger and syncromesh but not cpm or the recent usd disk. Also 1.1 has an issue with enhanced density. Best to swap it out for 1.2.

James

There is a field service manual around somewhere that describes how to fix a few things and how to use ťhe diag disk. Nothing at board level tho. Also a schematic is out there as well.

Ver 1.1 rom wiĺl work with ram charger and syncromesh but not cpm or the recent usd disk. Also 1.1 has an issue with enhanced density. Best to swap it out for 1.2.

James

In my last post I noted that I have version 1.2 rom. As for the Indus GT having heat issues, I took off the cover and placed a 80 mm (4 watt 23 CFM) fan to the left of the drive, so that it blows air across the drive and through the narrow slot at the base of the drive. Seems like that solved the problem. I've done 15 to 20 minute sessions of formatting and write / read tests, and when I remove the floppy disks, they are cool to the touch (so is the drive itself).

Edited by rcgldr