IGNORED

Been out of the loop for 6 months moving and stuff, did I miss anything?

:)

Only because its true ;)

Seriously, it looks really fancy that machine, I have my own thoughts about re imagining machines but its a damn smart looking bit of kit..

Can't blame people for liking them...

Paul...

Edited by Mclaneinc

ryanmercer stop pocketing all that cool Atari tech coming from foreign lands!

it is crazy that you can buy complete products and bags of parts ships to your door from China cheaper than mailing a letter to your neighbor in town or anywhere else for that matter....

Here's a funny story from my work history.

We can get a package literally halfway around the world in 12 hours from the origin facility to the customer... the air conditioner for our office at the hub 12 years ago broke in the middle of summer, to get a part (that would easily fit in a box) from Tennessee to Indianapolis it took SIX BUSINESS DAYS. We were above our sort facility at the time and it was reaching 115-116 in our office and our computers were randomly failing from the heat unless we kept yyyyyuge fans every few desks blowing air down the aisle. It still boggles my mind.

As far as the cheaper thing, you know why? Chinese shippers gaming the Universal Postal Union https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Postal_Union

Here's a funny story from my work history.

We can get a package literally halfway around the world in 12 hours from the origin facility to the customer... the air conditioner for our office at the hub 12 years ago broke in the middle of summer, to get a part (that would easily fit in a box) from Tennessee to Indianapolis it took SIX BUSINESS DAYS. We were above our sort facility at the time and it was reaching 115-116 in our office and our computers were randomly failing from the heat unless we kept yyyyyuge fans every few desks blowing air down the aisle. It still boggles my mind.

As far as the cheaper thing, you know why? Chinese shippers gaming the Universal Postal Union https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Postal_Union

We currently have a bull in the CHINA shop who might work to fix this... I'd have people send letters on his side of the aisle and to anyone around him, detailing the ways they are getting over and how, as an included informational packet.. Pretty darn sure something might be done... especially if let's say, a paper or sympathetic TV station / web site or two get a hold of it. Just might get something started...then send notes to all sides to keep it rolling... I just read some figures, and holy crap your losing money every time you touch one of these things big time, that nails you in so many ways. The indirect stuff is very painful!

-Just sayin' make that squeaky noise and they'll apply the grease... it sure can take a while... but it will come along...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Be careful because we sure do love those great prices on consumer electronics such as the big screen HDTVs we love to watch. Just saying, things tend to be interconnected, and greasing that squeaky wheel could backfire ;) .

• Like 1

Don't worry gents, soon every one will have trade tariffs that make it impossible to buy from anyone but where you reside and then those guys will spot that and screw the prices even higher...

There won't be a "cheaper" or a "faster" or a "reliable" supplier, it will be whatever the hell you can get your hands on...That is until sense hopefully prevails..

Put your hand in the tombola barrel and pick who you need to blame...There's a wide selection...

Ebay will be even more dodgy that it already is :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

yeah, it's always the case with a death spiral, you need cheaper crap because your can no longer afford the good stuff... so you ship off more and more of your money till you have none and can't even afford the cheap stuff.... I'd rather make stuff again, as do most of my neighbors. Still every time a cow farts we hear screams the world is going to explode and we are all going to die.... and might I add if you look at the tariff sheets, you will find it's pretty much one way.. I view these things on a fiscal basis, macro and micro..... it's complex but does not require genius level thinking to follow. It sure does feel nice to buy some better quality things, sort of takes me back to when I bought a beige tank of a computer..It was a big decision. It was an Atari made it says Sunnyvale on it.... it still works, I paid a large amount of money for... and I could afford to do so. We made stuff for it, and it was good. 37 year old fridge still working in the garage, the new one in the house... repaired twice... won't make 10 years... Sure hope I can find something quality to replace it in a few years, who knows it might be made in my country, and if having more income helps afford it, I won't care.. if it last like the one out in the garage, It might last for my kids... I'll be dead long before a quality unit dies... it's a investment in the future. A conversation about money nothing more nothing less...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 5

Hello Paul

I blame the guy with the funny hair.

Sincerely

Mathy

There's two to choose from, one in the UK one in the States...

Should Boris and Donald ever team up (Boris want's to be our PM) I feel Bevis and Butthead would now be a reality show...

There's so many people who are wrong in politics its almost impossible to tell who is right now :)

Acid subject, back to what Ryan may have missed :)

The good thing for most people is, the current tariff changes (while they are killing us at work and frustrating us while we rapidly adjust to hundreds of tariffs being force-formal now) are mostly just electronics, motors, connectors, cables etc. Bad thing is for those of us in this forum is, it's mostly just on electronics, motors, connectors, cables etc.

• Like 2

Hello Paul

(Boris want's to be our PM)

That's been obvious for quite a while. And they should make him PM ASAP. So he can do the dirty job. And fail miserably.

But I meant the other one. No I didn't. Yes I did.

Sincerely

Mathy