IGNORED

Atari Flashback Switch with 150 games, arcade, 2600, and 5200 versions

Atariboy2600

• 2 weeks later...

Digital version is out.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/atari-flashback-classics-switch

It's $40, which seems like a lot

but that's $0.26 per game, which seems easier to swallow

continuing my rationalization for buying the same stupid games over and over again:

$40 in 2018 is like $13.27 in 1980

$0.26 in 2018 is like $0.09 in 1980

and that is a bargain for me.

Does it have the ability to rotate the screen for Flip Grip usage?

And does the touch screen work with the 5200 keypad?

Yes and yes.

game59u_large.jpg

game59v_large.jpg

Edit to add: it does have scanline effects, but they're turned off in these screenshots because scanline effects don't look good when browsers scale the images.

Edited by JeffVav
  • Like 2

I think I recognize your name, you worked for Digital Eclipse out of Emoryville didn't you? A couple of friends of mine from back in the later 90s worked there at the time.

Me? I ran the Vancouver studio where the emulation teams were based, which is what became Code Mystics. We did a lot of colabs with Emeryville on Game Boy stuff though. Both Emeryville and Vancouver did Game Boy.

• Like 3

I one thing I noticed that I really like is that you can flick the right stick to both bring out and hide the keypad controls for 5200 games. I kinda wish they had done this for 2600 games to bring up and down the console controls. As it is, there is no real quick way to reset a game since you have to press + to bring up the menu, then select the console to bring it up, and B to hide it again. If I could flick the right stick up, press A, and flick it down again, that'd be bliss.Alternately, it'd be cool to have the ability to map console controls to the unused controller buttons (difficulty switches to L and R, reset to X, that kind of thing)

Ordered this from GameStop website of all places because that's the only place I could find it in stock. Added the Genesis collection to my cart for good measure. Must have been a pretty limited physical release! Certainly appreciate them making the effort to still put out a cart.

Edited by travistouchdown