IGNORED

Need help with HSGPL video problem.

FDOS

I first ran into this problem a while back when I decided to check out some of my PEB hardware due to encountering a few NanoPEB difficulties. My PEB system is working with either a F18A & USB TI-99/4A console or a standard composite console, as I haven't decided on a SCART to HDMI or VGA adapter for my two Geneves and my SNUG TI system. However, once I replaced the P-GRAM+ with a 16 RML page HSGPL the video is trashed. Once I figured out/remembered that it has a TKGROM0 requiring alpha character selection rather than numeric, I could access the installed apps, and video was fine 32/28, 40, & 80 column screens. The composite consoles (I've tried two, same results) are worse, as most of the utilities I use to check out functionality are 80 column, including CALL HSGPL from TI BASIC. I don't want to re-install the 40 col HSGPL, as I will be installing the full SNUG TI system as I check out more PEB hardware, 1 card, at a time.

Any help or ideas will be most appreciated. Thanks.

If the TKGROM0 is available, we can do a quick test to see whether it does anything that breaks the F18A, but even if we can fix it that would still require reprogramming. One of the simplest things I saw in the past was to just change the order that the VDP registers were written (assuming it's a startup thing...)