IGNORED

Music Maker Experience?

Has anyone here used the Music Maker cartridge for the Bally Arcade/Astrocade to create music or sound effects?

I'm referring to this cartridge:

post-4925-0-89966800-1530919223_thumb.jpg

The above picture is for the version of Music Maker with the built-in tape interface. However, this program can be used without the interface. Music Maker is included on, I think, all of the Astrocade multicarts.

Here is the manual for this "game:"

http://www.ballyalley.com/cart_manuals/pdf_manuals/docs-music_maker.pdf

Here is a video of Music Maker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzV7mS_lk1E

The above video just shows the program being used, rather randomly, for a couple of minutes. I've never seen a video that shows the program being used to create music, which also requires, I think, use of the following keypad overlay:

post-4925-0-82636400-1530919222_thumb.jpg

If anyone has experience with music, then I'd love to watch a narrated video of someone using Music Maker to create even a short piece of music (even Camptown Races would be fine!). Is anyone up for the challenge?

Adam

I just played around with Music Maker. I entered some notes and successfully saved the notes to "tape" (my Windows Vista laptop computer using Audacity). As with "AstroBASIC," the output level from the cartridge is extremely low. I reset the Astrocade, thus deleting the notes I'd input into Music Maker. After amplifying the signal in Audacity, I was able to load the notes back into Music Maker without any trouble. When Music Maker saves or loads a score, it turns the screen red.

Does anyone out there have Music Maker with the built-in audio interface?

Adam