IGNORED

Looking for someone to repair my light sixer

Magmavision2000

alright, so I made a post here about a week ago asking for some tips on repairing my light sixer. nobody. responded so I decided to take matters into my own hands and tried to fix my Atari. so after about an hour trying to get it to work I gave up and decided to see if anyone can repair it.

So if anybody can repair my light sixer please PM me with details. (sorry for my grammar I'm a little bit agitated)

alright, so I made a post here about a week ago asking for some tips on repairing my light sixer. nobody. responded so I decided to take matters into my own hands and tried to fix my Atari. so after about an hour trying to get it to work I gave up and decided to see if anyone can repair it.

So if anybody can repair my light sixer please PM me with details. (sorry for my grammar I'm a little bit agitated)

Maybe in the wrong section of the forum, I could move this to the hardware forum, if you like.

Well, lots of us here work on, repair or restore our 2600's. Tell us what the symptoms are, preferably with photos or a short video of the problems. I'm sure someone can offer up suggestions. And once people understand what kind of problems you're having, you might get an offer to fix it for you.

A quick and simple test on the power supply is to slowly plug in the power supply into the back of the Atari. 9 times out of 10, you will see a tiny little blue spark as you plug it in. If you see the spark, the power adapter is most likely good. No spark after a few tries, the brick might be bad.

This is by no means a fool-proof method...a multimeter is obviously a more definite means of testing the power supply. it's just something I've noticed on the several units/power supplies I've had over the years. I hope this helps.

There's no way AC can leak inductively down the 7805. And no way to get 125V DC from a 9V/1A AC adapter.

Did you mean 5V DC after the 7805 and 125V AC from the mains? If so, then the next step is to check the solders on the main board and reseat the 6507, RIOT and TIA. Use an antistatic wristband or at least periodically ground yourself before / while handling the circuit.

Edited by theor

There's no way AC can leak inductively down the 7805. And no way to get 125V DC from a 9V/1A AC adapter.

Did you mean 5V DC after the 7805 and 125V AC from the mains? If so, then the main step is to check the solders and reseat the 6507, RIOT and TIA. Use an antistatic wristband or at least periodically ground yourself before / while handling the circuit.

yes

Does your system have a channel switch on bottom? I noticed you're on ch 2. There's a bunch of L6ers that use only ch 3, like mine.

I actually had it on channel 3 before switching it to channel 2, my VCR doesn't show the channel number after 10 seconds

I actually had it on channel 3 before switching it to channel 2, my VCR doesn't show the channel number after 10 seconds

Check for 5vdc on pin 3 of RF modulator. No matter which way you count, it's the same pin. :)

• Like 1