IGNORED

mystified about Input command

Ranger03

Lol great laugh, we're all beezy I know..

Ok so far I've created two character sets. 1 called Defchl the other is Defchu. Default characters Lower and upper. This way if I do a redef then I can quickly restore back to normal with Defchl. Defchu is is identical to Defchl but allows me to give another color to a set used for the input string opposed to the input question prompt. That's all for now, I Know it's no meat yet.lol

I'll try and attach a photo, third time

post-63012-0-81925300-1556239082_thumb.jpg

Edited by GDMike

We are a little off topic here from the BASIC input statement, so please check the CAMEL99 Thread

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273872-camel99-forth-information-goes-here/?p=4265749

There is code there to replicate the BASIC CHARSET command.

It reads the GROM to get the default upper and lower character patterns and it takes very little code to do it.

Might be useful for your needs.

And isn't CALL KEY(4,K,S) for Pascal?

Well, CALL KEY is for BASIC, of course. But the keyboard unit 4 returns keycodes in the way they are mapped for the p-system. So the keyboard unit 4 is supported by the system's keyscan procedure, in order to make it easy for the p-system to check the keyboard and get the keycodes it expects. As it's in the system, you can call it from BASIC too, but not really giving any added benefit there.

Originally, keyboards 1 and 2 are left and right side, 3 is for BASIC and 4 for the p-system. When the 99/4A was introduced, with lower case letters, unit 5 was added to provide lower case in BASIC too.

Edited by apersson850